User Tag List

Thread: Sooo... It's breaking down in 5th and 6th gear

Default Sooo... It's breaking down in 5th and 6th gear

So I changed the spark plugs today to a Ngk iridiums.. Now the car is breaking down in 5th and 6th gear at approx 3000-3100 it's like a miss at that rpm.. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I havnt changed anything else and everything is back the way it should be.. Could it be a dud plug? Have I bumped something? Is ngk a shit plug for them? Reason I changed them was because they were still the same ones from new!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Did u gap them correctly?

NGK Iridium's are normally very good quality. Did you gap them properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Did u gap them correctly?
    Beat me to it
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Sorry boys I didn't gap them.. Dammit normally I would too but I thought nah she will be right.. So u think it's blowing the spark out just at that rpm in those 2 gears? What should the gap be? 0.8?

Quote Originally Posted by TI55HU View Post
    Sorry boys I didn't gap them.. Dammit normally I would too but I thought nah she will be right.. So u think it's blowing the spark out just at that rpm in those 2 gears? What should the gap be? 0.8?
    Check your owners manual, might be in there?

Otherwise I know my NGK (Iridium, 1 step colder) are to be gapped at 0.71mm. If they are the stock thermal range it might me more/less.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

I had tune house gap my NGK at .71 as well

0.026"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mine are 0.026' depends on how much boost your putting in. I got spark blow out with high boost 0.029 bnrs3..

Yep set the gap.. The flops at the local spares shop sold me a 1.3 gap plug.. Didn't tell me.. So they gave me a set of feeler gauges for my troubles and they were surprised when I already knew how to use them!! Haha

set it to 0.026" and runs better than ever!!

thanks for all your help guys!!

Not the shops fault. Spark plugs do not come pre gapped. You should always check them

Even if they are pre-gapped check it twice to be sure

Yes I should but when we looked them up in the book the gap said 0.8... She grabbed 1.3 yes I should have checked but she also grabbed the wrong ones