User Tag List

Thread: Metra dash kit 05 mps 6

1. Default Metra dash kit 05 mps 6

Ok so i've searched and searched but i can't get the answers i want. I have an 05 mps 6 with the bose stereo and i want to install an after market double din head unit. Here are my questions

1. Is metra the only dash kit i can get that is any good? By any good i mean how well it fits, looks, for a reasonable price, ease of installation etc or should i bite the bullet and fork out the money for a kanatech kit?
    2. How well does the kit work or more so what doesn't work?
    3. Any suggestions as to an alternate way of doing things?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am a sound guy, i have to have a good sound system and the out dated Bose just doesn't cut it.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Kjeff; 22-11-2013 at 02:42 PM.

@Rayd has an after market unit in his..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Indeed I do; this is mine

I wouldn't bother with the metro kit tbh, you loose too much functionality

Where bouts you located?

4. Default

I'm in Nowra nsw but am in sydney most weekends. Nice set up, what are you running??

The bose HU pushes out a 2v signal I believe, just stick that into a proper amp and speakers, jobs done. Minus the fact the 05 model doesn't do mp3 its perfect for me (I run my tablet through the dash pocket for mp3 when needed)

6. Default

Thanks for the idea but i really want a touch screen aftermarket HU but not loose too much functionality or money :/ (i know i want everything lol) It is rediculous that there is not much on the market... I think i might have to pay up and get the kanatechs kit. the Metra seems to have hit and miss results?

I was much the same way, but it all got too expensive, hence the tablet in the dash pocket setup I have. it isn't clean, but works great. I will make it clean one of these days though.

The new kits I have seen haven't matched the rest of the brushed metal looking trim, which is what put me off, if you look on mazdaspeedforums there is a bit over there on people running them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeff View Post
    Ok so i've searched and searched but i can't get the answers i want. I have an 05 mps 6 with the bose stereo and i want to install an after market double din head unit. Here are my questions

1. Is metra the only dash kit i can get that is any good? By any good i mean how well it fits, looks, for a reasonable price, ease of installation etc or should i bite the bullet and fork out the money for a kanatech kit?
    2. How well does the kit work or more so what doesn't work?
    3. Any suggestions as to an alternate way of doing things?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am a sound guy, i have to have a good sound system and the out dated Bose just doesn't cut it.
    Cheers
    I had a kit made to suit the Alpine head unit, think it was $130. It works great! all the steering wheel controls are super fast the LED display works as well. something like this Holden Commodore VY VZ Steering Wheel Control Harness Alpine Patch Lead | eBay
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

9. Default

Where did you get you're kit made??