User Tag List

Thread: SA unite! EOI for possible Black Friday purchases

Default SA unite! EOI for possible Black Friday purchases

Hi SA members,

Saw something mentioned on an interstate thread about a group buy in the upcoming black friday sales and thought it sounded like a good idea. Personally I don't know what I may buy in the sales but am thinking an AP from Edge could very well be on the cards.

With that in mind I thought it would make sense to see if anyone else in SA is planning on buying stuff from Edge when they launch their sale and would be happy to combine items with other members?

Figured that we could see what Edge can offer by way of shipping as one parcel to save costs, and then just divide the shipping based on each persons percentage of the invoice total (so if the total is $1000 and you have bought $900 worth, you cover 90% of shipping costs). From what I have seen the shipping in some cases doesn't increase too much for each incremental item so there could be some good savings if grouped together.

Thoughts?
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

would be interested depending what's on sale and what i can afford, haha. though who pays how much for shipping should also allow for weight, something expensive (like an AP) won't weigh very much, yet some brake rotors or sway bars are big/heavy and would increase shipping cost far more than an AP, yet cost less, so by your logic the guy who bought the AP would pay the most shipping cost, despite it being the lightest and cheapest to ship by itself... what'd be fairer is to see what each person wants first, find out how much they'd be to ship by themselves, add them together and figure out the percentage of each persons order shipped seperately, then add every item together for the big order and everyone pays their percentage of the shipping, instead of paying their percentage of the total cost in shipping like you said.

example: (remember all prices are examples only)

person 1 buys: AP ($500) that costs $50 to ship
    Person 2 buys: downpipe and sway bar (~$400); $200 to ship
    Person 3 buys: Clutch and braided lines (~$1,100); $300 to ship
    All shipping seperately: $550
    everything combined on website ($2000 + $450 combined ship)

using OP's postage plan, person 3 would pay 50% of the shipping ($225) even though his cost $300 to ship by itself, Person 1 and 2 pay 25% ($110 each) even though person 1's item only cost $50 by itself, so he's effectively losing money on the group buy order.

Using my way; Person 1 accumulates for ~10% of the postage if you add the totals of everyones seperate orders if they were to be shipped seperately, so he would pay $45 (10% of the shipping of everything combined in the big order, saving $5 instead of spending over $60 more in shipping) Person 2 pays ~35% of the postage (~$160, saving almost $50 if his order were shipped seperately) and person 3 pays ~55% of the shipping (~$245, saving over $50 if ordered seperately) so everybody saves money on shipping.

i know it's a long process, but it's fairer for the ones buying small, yet expensive things, otherwise you may as well just buy the things seperately cause it'll cost less that way
    Last edited by Baz; 22-11-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    If you can't fist it, it's not big enough!

Yeah it did occur to me later that there may be heavy less expensive items that would blow out the cost of shipping disproportionately, best thing for now is probably to compile a list of items people want, see what Edge can do total price wise and go from there. If I get time this weekend I might price shipping for the more popular items (DP, AP, engine mounts, tmic etc) if they were ordered on their own and post them so people have an idea of what they would be up for without a group order.

Wish I had realised the black friday sales were approaching before buying a dp, jbr trilogy, fuel pump internals and boost tubes from edge lol.
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

I think I may have broken the Edge website lol, got the following estimated shipping prices (NOT item price) for these mps6 parts standalone in case anyone is interested, all prices were the lowest available (so probably the slowest):

Cobb AP v2 $59.34
    Cobb AP v3 $64.65
    CPE DP + cat $187.95
    CPE TMIC $187.95
    CPE CAI $91.90
    Whiteline RSB $131.45
    ACT clutch kit 4 puck $288.78
    DBA Club Spec 4000 Series T3 slotted rotors FRONTx2 $193.60

Would assume equivalent MPS3 parts would be similar shipping cost, tried to cover a range of items to give a rough idea of standalone shipping. I tried to do a shipping estimate for all items together to work out what the savings might be but got a message saying we don't ship to your location!

usually when you get a message that says "we don't ship to your location" is because the total combined shipping would be too much... or maybe they don't have a box big enough so would need to be two seperate orders, best just to e-mail JP or Eric if that happens

Yeah that makes sense, wouldn't email them for that dummy booking though.

Looking forward to seeing what they do this year for the sales, last year I think they had a make me an offer sale lol

I'm keen to get in on the combination. I'm probably only looking at a set of boost tubes though.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Right, reckon I'm going to spend even more money and grab a cpe tmic too, already $200 off and they are having another 15% off!

Anyone else looking at buying stuff yet?

I dunno if i shoukd be spending money, haha, i think i need a new clutch though... will have a think about it when i get home, haha

As mentioned, I want a set of JBR boost tubes. Even though I won't get the discount (because JBR is only 10% off), I'm keen to tie into your order too if you have space? As long as shipping doesn't cost me more than they would alone ($65).

PM me if you're keen to allow me to jump in too

Well this just got interesting, need to find out how to get cp-e to ship to Australia but they are having 20% off everything (excluding fuel pump) as their Black Friday sales. Just so happens they sell the AP and the code works on that.......