User Tag List

Thread: Check valve

Default Check valve

Hey guys,

I want to install a OCC to the car and have all the gear but i cant find a 5/8 check valve anywhere.

I'm from Rocky and have tried car joints and tech places and eBay but can't seem to fnd anything. Can someone point me to a website or somewhere i can purchase one from?

Any helpful hints to buying these valves as well?

Cheers.

I know you can buy an individual check valve from Damond Motorsports website. They sell a kit but it says on their site you can buy any of the needed parts individually, just have to shoot them an email.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I have sent them an email.

You can run with oem pcv if just putting the occ in between pcv and manifold.

I have one spare new check valve if u want

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    You can run with oem pcv if just putting the occ in between pcv and manifold.
    Yeah i have a spare PCV but ive read that they are quick restrictive and a CV would be better. Or could i move the PCV from the black box to the other side of the OCC?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry LuvzDrift View Post
    I have one spare new check valve if u want
    Got any pics of it? How much?

Ideally you want the check valve as close to the manifold as possible to prevent boost pressure from potentially stuffing up the occ circuit, as fair as the pcv being restrictive sounds like bs as the pcv remains in the system. You can read my ride thread to get an idea of how I tackled the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Fi5h View Post
    Yeah i have a spare PCV but ive read that they are quick restrictive and a CV would be better. Or could i move the PCV from the black box to the other side of the OCC?

Got any pics of it? How much?
    Can you pm me il send you all the details. Ur inbox is full
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Ideally you want the check valve as close to the manifold as possible to prevent boost pressure from potentially stuffing up the occ circuit, as fair as the pcv being restrictive sounds like bs as the pcv remains in the system. You can read my ride thread to get an idea of how I tackled the job.
    Im having a read through your threads and cant find anything (some good stuff though). Can you post me a link please.

Also the VVT. . . Hard job? I'm planning on doing mine soon.

I'm finding it a little hard to follow whats going on in your set up but i just want my tappit cover VTA and then a OCC between the pcv and intake mani with a CV on the mani side of the OCC.

Good read on the oil return line though. You have a very nice motor in that bad boy. Id like to do all the stuff you've done but i live in the sticks with limited know how and tools.

That's how my system is, I removed the pcv with a custom fitting to replace it and a check valve at the manifold, I have changed the point the occ returns to the manifold.

Yeah ok,

Could the high vaccum you got when you put the custem system in be becuase the restirction in PCV was taken out with a higher flowing CV?

Cheers for all the help to.

Yes, the pcv replacement fittings orifice size needs to be controlled, mainly because it upsets the maf cal so but if you have AP or VT this can be fixed easy enough.

Yeah I've been waiting for my AP since the V3 came out. It's killing me driving the car like a granny at the moment. I probably shouldn't be driving it.

Im going to leave my stock PCV and add a CV near the manifold.