User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does your odometer say?

Post What does your odometer say?

Hi Guys,

Just curious as to see what sort of km's are out there with the MPS's and if you have had any major dramas?

My 2006 Gen 1 MPS has just clicked 250,000km

Only problems i have had in its life, which I can't complain about really because of its age are..

Engine Mount replacement (unfortunately done out of warrantly)
    Gearbox linkage seal failure
    Front sway bar bushes failed
    Aircon compressor armiture replacement
    Front struts and rear shocks

Currently I just noticed water pump has a green tinge around it, so will be replacing that shortly.

I have just ordered a replacement flywheel and clutch (first time in life of car)
    I have also ordered a replacement gearbox (own fault lack of care is the need for replacement)

All in all i am not too fussed with the problems it has had for the amount of life I have got out of it

Cheers
    Adam

How much the gearbox cost you? Apparently mine is on the way out too.

$1495 delivered from Smithfield to Qld

Mazda 6 MPS

Currently: 42,000kms

Smokey Turbo.

All else is good.

3mps 06/07 (was built in dec 06, first rego in 07) I purchased nearly a year ago.

Turbo still fine no smoke

Starting vvt issue now. Does a clunk on cold startup otherwise fine. Mechanic tells me it's not even a worry, I'm just too picky.

Front struts needed replacing, I wanted coilovers anyways...

Drivers side engine mount needs replacing

Master cylinder broke. It's the only thing that's happened that's taken it off the road.

Sent from far far away

2011 Gen II 3 MPS

66,560km

Transaxle replaced at 50,000km under warranty due to wong wong noise getting so loud it was unbearable, developed a whine when driving straight too and a metallic grind along with wong wong at full lock. (Wong wong noise is now back, but its quiet enough not to worry about)

All engine mounts replaced under warranty - now failed/failing again already (4 months later).

Suspension tie rod boot cracked, replaced under warranty.

Probably going to replace the mounts with aftermarket to fix that problem permanently.

Has a weird vibration at highway cruise speed now, you can feel it through the floor in driver and passenger side, and the passenger backrest vibrates back and forth. Happens at ~100-110, slowing down makes it go away, speeding up to over 120 makes it go away. I'm putting it down to the engine & gearbox mounts failing again.

Stereo randomly shit itself and had no audio at all for two days. Then it randomly crackled and banged some loud noises through the speakers at max volume and now stereo works. CD player and Bluetooth audio work perfectly, AM/FM radio has a mind of its own, works some days, doesn't others - but I never listen to the radio, just CD, so that's not bothering me much.

Handbrake doesn't hold on hills well anymore, will be adjusted at 70k service.
    Last edited by Speed3; 20-11-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

2006 Mazda 6 MPS

Odometer reading
    168,795km's

Issues

Driver side Engine Mount ( Noticeable creaking on movement or when turning; thumping on gear shifts ).
    - Replaced with JBR 70a Duro Mount.

Rear Engine Mount ( Engine movement; Ridiculous vibration when shifting gears; thumping on gear shifts ).
    - Replaced originally with SURE TorqR6 which has since been replaced with JBR 70a Duro Rear Engine Mount due to failure after 12 months.

Spark plugs ( Misfires and engine surges ).
    - Replaced with Denso ITV22's. Issue has since been rectified.

Fuel Pump ( Loss of power at WoT evidenced by PSI falling below the 1500 mark on the AP; Engine sputter at WoT ).
    - Replaced with CP-e HPFP assembly. Replaced the filter along with it and has allowed me to run the COBB Stage 2 OTS map.

Smoking Turbo ( Smokescreen at idle; Seals were shagged when taken out ).
    - Replaced with BNR Stage 1 which is due to be replaced again by a GTX.

Other than that, I've had no major issues. Most of the replacements I've had were personal choices, not due to mechanical problems.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Chuckie Cheese; 21-11-2013 at 01:01 AM.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

2007 6 MPS, 78k's

No issues other than broken tabs on the brake fluid cap (Replaced) and clunking from the drive line when cold. I suspect engine or diff mount failing.

As things break Ill replace with performance parts.

Almost 82k km
    08 gen 1

Front Passenger side window motor broke (replaced under warranty)
    Smokey turbo

18 months of gt3071 power, everything else that's broken during the past 3.5 years (is engine mounts) has been "cause power"

Suspension is on way out tho (blaming shitty Sydney roads)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

10. Default

2009 GenII 3MPS

Just ticked over to 38,000 yesterday!

Not sure if I am just looking things to be wrong, or maybe just noticing more after RMM change.

But Throwout bearing sounds slightly noisy... will just monitor for now and see weather its getting worse or not.

Other than that all seems sweet. (touch wood)

11. Default

06/07 3 genwon mps

124000km just had smokey turbo, front shocks and drivers side engine mount

Sold at 100,000km.

But all that really went wrong with mine was sway bar bushes.
    End links and shocks were changed chasing the knock in the front that was the bushes. Both seemed fine when replaced at about 75,000km
    REM was changed at about 50,000km, but was also fine when replaced

About 97,000
    2005 6 MPS

Driver and passenger side engine mounts were starting to go out.
    Rear diff mount, 1 bolt starting to shear, managed to get to it in time though.
    Smokey turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    Has a weird vibration at highway cruise speed now, you can feel it through the floor in driver and passenger side, and the passenger backrest vibrates back and forth. Happens at ~100-110, slowing down makes it go away, speeding up to over 120 makes it go away. I'm putting it down to the engine & gearbox mounts failing again.
    I had a very similar problem to this, mine ended up being a small egg in one of the tyres.

2006 6 MPS

155,000km

- Smokey k04 turbo sometimes (doesnt happen enough for me to worry about)
    - transfercase leak
    - air con hose leak
    - VVT makes a mean tink (have a replacement kit im gonna put in next weekend)
    - sway bar bushes need replacing
    Everything else seems fine.

My odometer is blank. The car is not on.

2005 MPS6 - 71,000kms. No problems at all. Never flogged. Replaced Bridgestones at 30,000km worn out and still have the replacement Sumitomos on now. Fitted new pads and discs at 70,000km. Although I love the Mazda, I am considering selling as I have another car, a 4WD, which is more practical. If anyone is interested, given the low kms and kit added as per my signature, feel free to PM me.

2008 MPS 3 Gen 1 - 94,000km

Only problem to date is the REM and i believe the front sway bar bushes, which i have yet to replace.

07 gen 1
    147kms

Replaced engine ( did rings on 3 cyls )

2 sets of stock struts
    1 set of coil overs

Drivers side mount ( my fault )

New clutch and slave cyl

New turbo ( stick rebuilt)

2010 3 MPS (Gen 2) 84,000 kms, only had regular services and tyres, and a dud battery. not bad in 3 years. ( it is my wifes daily tho)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast