User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto Headlights On all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by 007MPS View Post
    Mine is the 2008 model

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    If I'm not wrong this feature is only available in few batches after certain date. You could be doing it wrong though
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Probably, but I was just following the given instructions... I'll try again later

Is yours sports model? I've an identical car to @Furrymeatball so I'll try later when it gets dark.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Definitely a sports model...

Definitely a sports model...

Hmm ok well ill see how I go tonight. I assume you're trying it in a garage or something?..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Yep, def in garage... No beeps to confirm at all!

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    I know people say its behind the mirror.

Because I searched... bought a dash mat... threw it on.
    Then my lights were just always on.

Realised there is a pre cut hole in the mat which has 2 tiny tabs to cut to remove it... did this and my lights worked again.

The sensor does feed uupthe A pillar and into the back of the mirror... this is for the auto dim feature of the mirror.
    Are you talking about gen 1 or gen 2? This is from the gen 2 manual

(I don't know why the image is upside down -.-" You can rotate it in imageshack)

Quote Originally Posted by Furrymeatball View Post

Here is the instructions for the auto headlights on my gen 1
    I have a 2008 model sport pack.. I'm not sure if they will all have it or not?
    I wish the gen 2s have this functionality

Talking about genwon... I also have a 2008 sports pack but no auto headlight function! Weird...

Quote Originally Posted by azzman372 View Post

Your Gen II doesn't have Auto headlights?! I thought they all had them. Ours is just a setting on the headlight stalk.

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    Your Gen II doesn't have Auto headlights?! I thought they all had them. Ours is just a setting on the headlight stalk.
    Ahhh right I realised how ambiguous my post is. I meant having the 30 seconds off after turning the car off feature. Bullet point 3 of system features in the image Furrymeatball posted haha.

11. Default

Are you talking about gen 1 or gen 2? This is from the gen 2 manual

(I don't know why the image is upside down -.-" You can rotate it in imageshack)

Well thats wierd :/ lol

Just remembering if possibly I may have disconnected the battery just before I got the dash matt... and its one of those silly things like the auto window function not working for a while after battery disconnect.

Must have just been a strange coincidence. Because literally... 2 days driving to work... lights just always on (even the middle of the day)
    That afternoon, removed that circle tab thing on the dash matt and lights worked like normal again

Just like that time I freaked out that my headlights were no longer turning with the steering wheel... duhhh AFS was off

P.s. I just turned my phone upside down lol

12. Default

Ahhh right I realised how ambiguous my post is. I meant having the 30 seconds off after turning the car off feature. Bullet point 3 of system features in the image Furrymeatball posted haha.
    The 30 seconds off function is actually pretty annoying because if you open the door the car still makes the "headlights still on" buzzing noise! Even though it's on Auto and the headlight switch is in the "off" position
    2008 MPS3 Sports Pack - Metro Grey

[Cobb SF Intake]-[CP-E TIP]-[CP-E FMIC]-[CP-E 3" Cat Back Exhaust]-[Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner]-[Eonon GM5151 Head Unit]-[18x8 +35 wheels]-[Kumho KU39 225/40/18]

Quote Originally Posted by Furrymeatball View Post
    The 30 seconds off function is actually pretty annoying because if you open the door the car still makes the "headlights still on" buzzing noise! Even though it's on Auto and the headlight switch is in the "off" position
    Oh! So the headlights stay on even if you turn the car off then switch headlights from auto to off? I thought the 30 second off would only be for auto function haha

14. Default

Oh! So the headlights stay on even if you turn the car off then switch headlights from auto to off? I thought the 30 second off would only be for auto function haha
    There isn't a "auto" bit on the headlight switch.
    You just activate it by doing the instructions on that piece of paper and then they are always on "auto" unless you deactivate them.

[Cobb SF Intake]-[CP-E TIP]-[CP-E FMIC]-[CP-E 3" Cat Back Exhaust]-[Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner]-[Eonon GM5151 Head Unit]-[18x8 +35 wheels]-[Kumho KU39 225/40/18]

I have a 2006 model GenWon with auto lights

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Sent from my Olivetti typewriter

I think it was only put in the 2006 models

17. Default

I think it was only put in the 2006 models

My car's a 2008 model with auto headlights,
    Maybe it was a factory extra or something?

It could be something very simple... But Meh, doesn't bother me anymore... Cnt get that lazy lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12