User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Headlights On all the time?

1. Default Auto Headlights On all the time?

Hey guys, so I've had my 2011 MPS3 for over a week now and purely loving it!
    JUst a question in regards to the auto headlights......mine seem to come on even when it's a clear sunny day.
    I've had these sort of lights on other cars and they only came on in the rain or just before dark, is there a sensor adjustment or is something else causing this?

Also the auto wipers seem to play up a bit, doesn't wipe fast enough and seems to wipe too often when not needed...I've tried the adjustment for wipe frequency but nothing seems to adjust it properly.
    Just curious if anyone knows or experienced this.....maybe a warranty thing?

Cheers Ricky

Hey pocket.

The sensitivity of the auto headlights can be adjusted at the dealer using their computers (there are only two settings, low and high). I had it done and now rather than coming on at 4PM in the arvo when a shadow is over my car they come on much later.

My rain sensing wipers are a bit funny as well, but some people have noticed a difference after performing a reset. This is done by putting the wiper stalk into the off position, then putting the car ignition on without starting (without pressing the clutch in, press the start button until everything lights up). Then move the stalk to auto, then back to off 5 times, then back to auto and they should do a single wipe, then the reset has been done.

Cheers.

3. Default

They normally will come on if you drive under a bridge. My mom's aurion does that. It comes up for 10 secs. If yours comes up without driving under any dark areas then get it checked should still be under warranty.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

4. Default

Thanks for the quick reply guys!!!
    @GoonBong will try the reset when I get home....hopefully sorts it out
    @ fabtech for the last 2 days it just seems to be on all the time....might take to Mazda this arvo

might sound a little silly... But you dont have a dash matt do you?

If the dash matt has moved slightly it will cover the auto lights sensor located at the top middle of the dash.

Other than that... as above!

6. Default

No, no dash mat.

Went to my local Mazda dealer and they knew nothing about auto light sensitivity settings.....looked at me as if I two heads or something...
    Did the reset on the wipers and tested it out with the hose but will see over the next couple of days with the rain if any changes...

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    might sound a little silly... But you dont have a dash matt do you?

If the dash matt has moved slightly it will cover the auto lights sensor located at the top middle of the dash.

Other than that... as above!
    Sensor is actually on the back of the rear-view mirror...
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
    Sensor is actually on the back of the rear-view mirror...
    err... no

Rain sensor for wipers is on the back of the rear view mirror on the windscreen yes...

but auto lights is the little dome about the size of a 10c piece on your dash...
    cover it and see what happens

I know people say its behind the mirror.

Because I searched... bought a dash mat... threw it on.
    Then my lights were just always on.

Realised there is a pre cut hole in the mat which has 2 tiny tabs to cut to remove it... did this and my lights worked again.

The sensor does feed uupthe A pillar and into the back of the mirror... this is for the auto dim feature of the mirror.

Righto.

I had issues (one of many) when I had my MPS... with the auto lights - not turning on/off accordingly.

I know that they replaced the sensor/s or the mirror... cant recall. That said the mps is long gone....!

11. Default

The sensor may just need cleaning, if there is dust build up it wil fool it into thinking it's dark.

Hey guys, was just wondering if there are auto headlight function on MPS genwon? I mean my wife's SP23 has it, I don't see why the MPS shouldn't? Please let me know!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nope @007MPS not to my knowledge anyhow...

Oh wattt! That's crazy... Not that it's important but SP23 has it n MPS doesn't? Lol

Yes it can do it. @Furrymeatball has it enabled, he can say how you do it, I can't remember.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

16. Default Auto Headlights On all the time?

Here is the instructions for the auto headlights on my gen 1
    I have a 2008 model sport pack.. I'm not sure if they will all have it or not?

Ooh I have to try this then

Doesn't work

I think it's only available in 2008 models, they have a different trim as well.

Mine is the 2008 model

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast