User Tag List

Thread: Atermarket parts failures

Default Atermarket parts failures

Hi everyone havent been on site for a while just wondering if you have noticed some of the yankee sites talking about Sure rmm having failed and also some probs with corksport parts has there been any problems here as i have a Sure mount and short shift plate Corksport turbo inlet hose and SRI also any thoughts on the new CP-E RMM thanks

I had a TorqR6 (Sure RMM) which I ended up replacing not too long ago after having found that the bushes were severely worn. Keep in mind the product was just over a year old.

I've since replaced it with the JBR equivalent and haven't looked back since. I purchased the trilogy pack which included the RMM, the Driver side mount and Passenger side mount. Worth every penny.

There's a thread on SURE products here somewhere if you do a quick search.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

The corksport intakes are a good product they wont fall apart..i have had a 60 duro cpe mount in for 30,000ks and stil feels solid as with no vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    I had a TorqR6 (Sure RMM) which I ended up replacing not too long ago after having found that the bushes were severely worn. Keep in mind the product was just over a year old.

I've since replaced it with the JBR equivalent and haven't looked back since. I purchased the trilogy pack which included the RMM, the Driver side mount and Passenger side mount. Worth every penny.

There's a thread on SURE products here somewhere if you do a quick search.

What duro did you go with out of interest? I have the 70 duro on order from edge, hoping the vibes aren't too bad when I install but looking forward to better shifting!
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    What duro did you go with out of interest? I have the 70 duro on order from edge, hoping the vibes aren't too bad when I install but looking forward to better shifting!
    Hi mate,

I ordered 70 duro mounts which at the time seemed appropriate. I've had them in for a while now and I've experienced little to no vibes.

You'll be just fine.

Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

70 duro you will be fine , takes about 2000km too settle down

Had my jbr 80's in for 3k km now... Bit of extra noise, but otherwise, they're damn good!

With SURE stuff the short shift plate is fine, but the mount could certainly fail...

Corksport stuff usually seems pretty good
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 20-11-2013 at 06:28 AM.

I replaced my SURE RMM with the CP-E stage 2 one about 6 months ago. The SURE one had no real signs of damage and on the whole was in pretty good condition, not a bad effort given how often I take my car to the track.

I had an old cpe rem in 60 duro fail within a year (bad batch of rubber-I think the new ones are fine). Sure track spec lasted over a year of abuse and was perfect-I think it was mainly their street spec ones with problems? Got jbr trilogy 88 now which definitely settled after a few thousand km. Even the 88 are bearable (and any vibes are way outweighed by the 0 wheel hop and better shifting), so the 70 should be fine.
    And the corksport intake is great, still in perfect condition after years of use, just keep the t-bolt clamps away from your ecu wiring and you will be fine.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

thanks very much will go with jbr just to be on the safe side