User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey all

Default Hey all

Hi guy and girls,

new to the forum.. Recently purchursed a 2007 model Mazda 3 mps sports.. What a wonderful car they are.. I purchursed it as my daily as they are the best of both worlds in the sence of performance, reliability and fuel economy and I also favour the Mazda badge.. I also have a Mazda rx7 and Mazda 1300.. My plans are to pretty much leave the car as standard as possible but maybe just the slight little subtle mod... I have enough modded cars as it is... What could people recomened is the best mods to do in general? Bov? Shocks/suspension? Is there any common faults to fix? Eg: sway bar rubbers, shocks, engine mounts?

cheers,
    TI55HU
    www.visrotary.com

2007 Mazda 3 mps

13.5@102mph

Bog stock as a rock....

Welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by TI55HU View Post
    My plans are to pretty much leave the car as standard as possible
    ...but why are you lying to us and yourself

The main failing point is the engine mounts, mainly the rear mount, and the High Pressure Fuel Pump when you start playing around with mods.

Both are easy and cheap to upgrade, but if you keep the car fairly tame you will only have to worry about the rear mount.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Haha cheers dan... I'll see what happens... At the moment the mps is the daily and I want to try and keep it that way lol
    The 1300 is where the money and mods are going... But I want to try and resolve any problems the mps can get before they happen... What are the wheels bearings like in the front? Do that thrash out easy?

They are pretty solid units. The whole car (bar the engine mounts) is pretty strong.

Strock clutch can take 400WHP, stock gearboxs have held up to 600WHP (and 11 second passes), overall a killer combo really. Besides the FWD

Yeah they seem to be an amazing car.. The whole fwd thing makes things interesting I think

hi and welcome

Where is the best place in Sydney or on the net to buy parts or aftermarket parts from for the mps?

On the net EDGE AUTOSPORT in the states. Used them several times as have many many others with no complaints.

My next question is... Is it normal for them to kind of sound like a diesel? It's got 117xxx kms on it and had a lady owner it's whole life.. It has books and has been serviced by westend Mazda but it doesn't state what's been changed.. I serviced it on the weekend (oil and oil filter) and I'm going to change the plugs (I'm sure it has iridium plugs in it as that what is recommended) and I know they only last 100,000kms... But I'm not sure what else would be serviced?
    www.visrotary.com

2007 Mazda 3 mps

13.5@102mph

Bog stock as a rock....

The engine bay is a pretty noisy place being Direct Injection and the HPFP makes a pretty decent ticking noise. Perhaps post up a video (or surf Youtube and have a listen) so we can all have a listen.

11. Default

Yeah mine sounds like a diesel...

No worries dan I'll see how I go.. I'm not very good with computers at the best of time haha I know that injector noise is fairly normal and I'm going to put it up on the hoist tomorrow and check underneath for anything out of the ordinary

Welcome to MPS land.
    Post pics of your RX.
    Cheers Todd

Hi and Welcome. Might see you around at our Sydney cruises and meets!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	15481Click image for larger version. 

Views:	152 
ID:	15481
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	115 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	15482   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	103 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	15483  
    www.visrotary.com

2007 Mazda 3 mps

13.5@102mph

Bog stock as a rock....

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	145 
ID:	15484

Nice...I used to own a mint series 3

This platform is very noisy ,
    When car is cold turn the key and if it sounds like a Mac truck for the first 2 seconds VVT needs replacing but if it sounds like a Mac truck 24/7 all is good.

Nice 7 dude!!! Brings back tons of memories!! Had 7 different rx7s during my late teens up to late 20's

What VVT? Is is variable valve timing? Or something else? Sorry still learning the lingo.. It's sounds like a diesel all the time though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast