User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey all

Best First mods IMO would be engine mounts and SRI intake, I have a COBB SRI, spooling noises and factory BOV noises are the business.

Welcome mate!

Thought i recognised ur name off ausrotary.....loved your old 7. I also had an FD before the MPS...was actually gonna get Troy to build me a 20B before i sold my 7.

You reasoning to buy an MPS was pretty much the same as me hahaha.

Once you dig around this site, you'll be wanting to pour the money into the MPS hahahaha

Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by TI55HU View Post
    Hi guy and girls,

new to the forum.. Recently purchursed a 2007 model Mazda 3 mps sports.. What a wonderful car they are.. I purchursed it as my daily as they are the best of both worlds in the sence of performance, reliability and fuel economy and I also favour the Mazda badge.. I also have a Mazda rx7 and Mazda 1300.. My plans are to pretty much leave the car as standard as possible but maybe just the slight little subtle mod... I have enough modded cars as it is... What could people recomened is the best mods to do in general? Bov? Shocks/suspension? Is there any common faults to fix? Eg: sway bar rubbers, shocks, engine mounts?

cheers,
    TI55HU

So I found out the shocks are no good.. What's the best replacement? Or has any body got some laying around?

Yeah I've also just blocked off the factory bov port and let the bov vent to atmosphere.. It's starting to pop through the exaughst now I'm guessing that is due to it needing to learn and not having that extra air pushing through on the Decel

Quote Originally Posted by TI55HU View Post
    Yeah I've also just blocked off the factory bov port and let the bov vent to atmosphere.. It's starting to pop through the exaughst now I'm guessing that is due to it needing to learn and not having that extra air pushing through on the Decel
    I don't think that's a good idea man. Someone with more knowledge will prob chime in soon but I always thought that was a no no..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    I don't think that's a good idea man. Someone with more knowledge will prob chime in soon but I always thought that was a no no..
    Yeah its metered air you're losing from the system. Ie, injectors are still putting in fuel for that air but it's gone so running rich as on throttle let off. Great recipe for clogging cats etc up. Really not recommended...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Gen 1 were known for VVT, Timingchain , and smokey turbo fail.
    If shocks are gone heaps of good Koni , Bilstein, Coilovers combo.
    if the sound in the engine bay is on the right side that's all good just injectors if sound on left side not so good.

Ok so I spoke to sydney wholesale suspension they recommend along with Mazda for the mps a koni shock at $205 each.. My mate can also get a bilstien for $140 each but they are to suit a sp23 is there a big deifference? Being an aftermarket shock the bilstien they should hold up too the power better than a standard one I'm guessing? So lost hahahaha

i also need lower control arm rear pillow bushes can someone Recomend where to get these from and a rough price?
    Last edited by TI55HU; 21-11-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Sp23 stuff doesn't work on a mps, they are 200kg lighter than our cars, so it throws everything out

Hit up gsl or edge for proper bilsteins (b6 standard height, b8 lowered)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12