User Tag List

Thread: Manley I-Beam Rods Now Available at EdgeAutosport

1. Default Manley I-Beam Rods Now Available at EdgeAutosport

Just wanted to let you guys know that we now carry the line of Manley Turbo Tuff Pro Series I-Beam Rods

The Pro Series I-Beam rods are forged from 4340 aircraft quality vacuum degassed material. They are shot peened after machining and 100% magnafluxed. All Manley Connecting Rods are weight matched to +/- 1.5 grams and big and small end bores are final honed to a tolerance of +/- .0002".

You have a choice between 22 and 22.5 (stock) mm wrist pins as well as ARP 2000 and ARP 625+ rod bolts.

Manley Turbo Tuff Pro Series I-Beam Rods w/ ARP 625+ - $972.60
    Manley Turbo Tuff Pro Series I-Beam Rods w/ ARP 2000 - $810

These things are the shit, Micks Motorsports that runs high 6 sec quarter miles with an SR20 engined car whith these rods and builds loads of 800+ hp engines running up to 60psi boost swears by these things. Has had blocks split while these things take no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    These things are the shit, Micks Motorsports that runs high 6 sec quarter miles with an SR20 engined car whith these rods and builds loads of 800+ hp engines running up to 60psi boost swears by these things. Has had blocks split while these things take no damage.
    Are they a bit overkill tho? By what i saw they are heavier than the normal H beams, as I'm looking at taking weight out of my rods (mind you im not shooting for 800+ hp). Thanks for you insight tho good stuff
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Are they a bit overkill tho? By what i saw they are heavier than the normal H beams, as I'm looking at taking weight out of my rods (mind you im not shooting for 800+ hp). Thanks for you insight tho good stuff
    The H beams will do fine with our DISI platform, Mick uses I beams with billet cranks etc, a tad extra weight doesnt matter with the boost etc he puts in them.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

So are I beam rods a step up in strength from H beam?

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    So are I beam rods a step up in strength from H beam?
    yes I beam are thought to be the strongest, H step down from that

with regards to manley rods i'm pretty sure the I beams are made in the US and the H beams in asia somewhere, from what i can remember i think the H beams were good for 600-700ft/lb of torque and the I beams were more than double

7. Default

Yes, I-Beams are stronger, but most people will be fine with H-beams.