User Tag List

Thread: Perminant 12v feed in cabin

1. Default Perminant 12v feed in cabin

Gidday all, I'm putting some bluetooth stuff into a Gen1`MPS3. I need to locate an easy source of non switched 12v power, preferably without removing stereo.

Any easy feeds in there?

Cheers - Mike

2. Default

I did this the other day in my 6 took me quite a while.

First things first, got a multi-meter? No? Get one. Don't go anywhere until you get one.

Pull the fuse panel cover off on the passenger side.

Look for THICK wire, the thicker the better, why? The larger the amperage the larger the wire needs to be, larger hte amperage hte more likely you have a constant 12.5V feed from the battery. So find the thickest mother ****er you can, try and find it BEFORE it goes into the fuse panel.

Got a nice big thick wire? Good, stick your multi meter into it and see what voltage you're getting. Not getting a voltage, pick another wire, keep going until you get one.

Got one? Good.

Just make sure you put a fuse in... if you screw up and draw too much you can burn that wire out all the way back to your loom... Don't do that. Costs like $2-3 for a fuse so just take the $3 insurance policy.

FYI, the one I used was predominantly white with a strip of blue or it was blue with a strip of white... I don't remember.
    Last edited by son of eevil; 13-11-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port