User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPS and RPM

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    The guys in the US are starting to key their crank to help with that issue, but i guess thats only one problem solved... tbh im not willing to guinea pig with this, thats why im sticking with stock head @ 7200rpm max
    the keying they mention I think is related to the timing gears, this eliminates changes in camshaft timing due to the gears slipping from the set position great idea has a down side but fail safe. Not going to keep engine bearings in though when shit gets real.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Careful manipulation of load tables?
    the load tables only reach 7000rpm
    Spark advace tables end at 7000rpm
    boost tables end at 7500rpm

you can probably set your rev limiter to wherever you want but fact is at this current stage with the AP, load values/ spark advance @7000rpm wlll carry over to redline and boost values@7500rpm will carry over to redline

so theoretically you can have redline at 8000rpm+ but you have no fine control of it after 7500rpm, thats probably why its considered "careful"

There have been heaps of requests from MSF members and myself even to COBB to increase the table max RPM values so hopefully that will happen soon.
    My HTA3586 build - Page 8 - Mazdaspeed Forums <-- some of it there
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    That's like playing with fire, might be semi acceptable in an area with relatively consistent weather, but any environmental change can screw up you "calculations" and easily misalign your projected values - especially true for us Australians.

Clearly the AP has its tables limited @ 7000/7500rpm for now and I personally wouldn't set the rev limiter higher until those extended RPM tables are available and/or the owner has done appropriate head work to accommodate and wishes to rev to those limits.
    Last edited by Rayd; 08-11-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Yeah, he's a special case, very smart man...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Yeah, he's a special case, very smart man...
    *Brave man

it's not hard to set higher ignition values up the load axis sammy through log observation
    But fact is you have no accurate control over which value it lands on without sister tables at those RPM values to regulate WGDC/ Boost and subsequently calculated load to ensure your at that value and not higher/lower.
    *unless, (like i said earlier) the environmental conditions stay relatively constant.
    Last edited by Rayd; 08-11-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Err, what about the cams from total mps? Any thought for those?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12