User Tag List

Thread: The square hole at the edge of the stock BPV/BOV

Default The square hole at the edge of the stock BPV/BOV

Hi all,

Just noticed this morning when i first start up the car, i can feel air coming out between the BOV and where its mounted. Upon close inspection, the air's actually coming out of the tiny square hole at the edge of the BOV (That hole's there from stock)

Is this normal? I mean, do anyone know what's the purpose of the hole there? The air seems to stop when the rev get back to normal idle rev range........which means it might do exactly the same if i start revving up??? a.k.a Boost leak??

Note: I had a CPE FMIC on, so not sure if its the fmic or the bov?
    Last edited by lovecolt; 06-11-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    When in doubt, power out....of control.

I believe it could be a Subaru bov? The channel the rubber seal goes in is different between MPS and Wrx, but the flange and bolts are the same. I'll see if I can find a picture to show you

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

Oh, my bov is stock ......so doubt it to be any related to a subie?....or did I understand wrongly?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Oh,.. Then that's weird..

I guess the thing is, when I mount it on stock tmic, there's no gasket in between the mount and bov, but the CPE one, has a gasket......?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

your BOV seal is either pinched or badly worn

That's the picture I was trying to find :/

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    That's the picture I was trying to find :/

Don't know how you were trying to find them when I litereally just took the pics! Lol

Yes but showing that seal. Others have just the o-ring but that is different

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post

your BOV seal is either pinched or badly worn
    Thanks for the pic. Now I know there's actually a rubber seal. Will take it out and see what went wrong. If the seals gone......then it means a replacement?

Just took mine out and guess what......there's no seal in it at all. Coulda have fell off when I install the fmic anyone want to offload their unwanted stock BOV

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    Just took mine out and guess what......there's no seal in it at all. Coulda have fell off when I install the fmic anyone want to offload their unwanted stock BOV
    There is a channel in the bov for the seal... just fill it with silastic and smear the face of the cold pipe flange where the bov mounts too.

Will get the job done for the time being anyway.
    if you cant get a stock bov then just buy the turbosmart full recirc or forge v2. They look factory and brand new less than 200.

I have stock bpv I am not using (pictured) but rather not sell it. Just incase.

if you are around the parramatta area during buisness hours or live out penrith way you could essentially "borrow" mine until you sort something out.

I would actually just see mazda... they can get you this seal, and sure it wouldnt be more than $20

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    There is a channel in the bov for the seal... just fill it with silastic and smear the face of the cold pipe flange where the bov mounts too.

Will get the job done for the time being anyway.
    if you cant get a stock bov then just buy the turbosmart full recirc or forge v2. They look factory and brand new less than 200.

I have stock bpv I am not using (pictured) but rather not sell it. Just incase.

if you are around the parramatta area during buisness hours or live out penrith way you could essentially "borrow" mine until you sort something out.

I would actually just see mazda... they can get you this seal, and sure it wouldnt be more than $20
    I get what you mean....although i prefer not to fill it with things as it will be messy in the future. But much appreciated with the offer. PMed you about it.

Super highly doubt mazda will sell just the seal, but i will fire a email away to Tom Kerr and see what they say. Worst come to worst, will get a Kompact recirr replacement

Ok, so Rayd has come to the rescue by selling me his spare stock BOV.

Btw, also asked Tom Kerr about the price for a PLASTIC BOV and they shocked me once again with a grand Mazda pricetag of 270ish for one.......no thanks