User Tag List

Thread: Engine Rebuild Pricing

Default Engine Rebuild Pricing

I have done some enquiring with a friend of my family as to pricing for engine rebuilding. Please note these are quotes atm but Grant teh own of Doctor Macs at Maitland said their very close to accurate. Pricing will change over time!

I'm going Supertech valve train Catalog - supertechperformance.com you can buy kits with valves combo, spring and retainer combo. Found the kits on ebay. You need to upgrade to normal mazda 3 mzr 5.5mm thinkness guides with these valves as the MPS is 6mm

When running heavier valve spring you will need upgrading VVT. I'm going the DCR VVT again

Than check out the rebuild kits from egde http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/edge-...uild-kits.html

Than just get your piston and rods .

Grants going to chase up cams for me as well so hopefully we can get a cheaper/local options for different cam profiles here in Australia

I'm doing the rebuilding myself so i don't have the cost of labour for rebuild. I will have to enlist the help to time the engine as i don't have the tools ..

Hope this puts it into prospective as far as cost wise

I dont want to junk this thread up with chat i will keep it more on pricing. This link is more the journey of my build and results/wins/losses http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...tml#post285043

I have a package price for those who are keen-
    Bore and Hone
    Porting head and mani matching, with air speed in mind (quicker spool time)
    Head service
    Engine balance to 8500rpm
    $3000 price is a guide

There is extra you can do like-
    Valve guides pressed in $375
    Larger valves
    etc etc
    You will need to speak to them for pricing and what you want done
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 09-05-2015 at 10:04 AM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Once I have gone through the process with them of my motor (They have never done a MPS engine before only normal mazda 3 engines) I will see what sort of deals can be done you for you lot

Awesome work. I'll be looking for a rebuild soon and willing to travel if I know it will be done right :-)

Yeh top work bud! Think if they get it sorted and are confident they'll be getting a fair bit of work from us!

Did they say what it would roughly cost for an engine dissasemble and reasemble

@shaneski When i talk to them next i will ask and post.

Prices would be great

I wanna drop my engine off with rods pistons and rebuild kit and come back to a new forged wonder lol

Maybe edge can give a GB on the engine rebuild kits @JP@edgeautosport.com @EdgeAutosport.com

9. Default

I'm assuming those prices are for dumping a head on their counter and don't include them removing it themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    I'm assuming those prices are for dumping a head on their counter and don't include them removing it themselves?
    Correct.

More than likely honing won't square the bores into acceptable tolerance and boring will be required, also when accessing the deck and cylinder head face only have .004" tolerance before binning so you don't have much room to move.

12. Default

If you guys want to put together a group buy for motor build kits, we can definitely work with you on the pricing and shipping will be considerably cheaper if you are having a bunch shipped together.

We can also work with the invoice pricing to help with duties/fees.

Bloody heck, engine rebuild group buy?! Lol that sounds intense... @MPS2NV can you give an idea of prices you paid when getting all the needed machining work done on your block etc (if you can remember)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Machining costs are sweet fa, balancing isn't really expensive either but porting isn't always quoted accurately and the results can be seen when builder has either under qouted or customer is only interested in a dollar value. Both times I had my engine returned with port work I wasn't happy with leaving me with more work to do to satisfy my own standards.

Anyone here who wants to build their engine has parts available to them a lot cheaper than what I had to pay years ago, so take that saving and carry it over to the time and get a quality job.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Machining costs are sweet fa, balancing isn't really expensive either but porting isn't always quoted accurately and the results can be seen when builder has either under qouted or customer is only interested in a dollar value. Both times I had my engine returned with port work I wasn't happy with leaving me with more work to do to satisfy my own standards.

Anyone here who wants to build their engine has parts available to them a lot cheaper than what I had to pay years ago, so take that saving and carry it over to the time and get a quality job.
    So how much do you charge to port our heads mitchy
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Can't give accurate time involved but will be a lot of hours. Cnc porting if some are interested will be in 2k + range if anyone wants to get real full on! There are shops that do that apparently, manual porting is a lot less than that on a 4pot engine though.

Went down to the Machinist to nut out the valve train after worries about it no fitting ended up with a win. Now all he has to do is finish it

OP update to accurate pricing

final update