User Tag List

Thread: Mazda hits Vegas with a pair of Sixes

Default Mazda hits Vegas with a pair of Sixes

Filed under: Aftermarket, SEMA Show, Sedan, Mazda, Design/Style

Despite the fact that the annual SEMA show is more of an exercise in what "could be" than what "will be," it gives automakers the chance to stretch the legs of some of its most important models. Take the 2014 Mazda6, for example - it's hardly new, having gone on sale early this year - but this year's SEMA expo marks the first time Mazda has been able to show off the customization possibilities for its sleek midsize sedan. To that end, the Japanese automaker has arrived in Las Vegas with two very different takes on its sexy Six.

First up is the Mazda6 Club Sport you see above, wearing a "motorsports-inspired" gray, black and red accent-color scheme that, as Mazda says, is "represented in not-so-subtle angular lines reminiscent of a car speeding past your line of sight." The whole car is done up in a base color of Composite Grey, and uses a Brilliant Black roof to match the similarly colored front, side and rear diffusers, as well as the rear spoiler. Mazda has fitted the Club Sport with Rays 57 Motorsport G07FXX 20-inch wheels, wrapped in Yokohama 245/35R20 tires. Powering the CS is Mazda's 2.2-liter Skyactiv-D diesel four-cylinder engine (that we'll get in the standard Six early next year), and other changes include an H&R spring kit, larger Brembo brakes and a Racing Beat exhaust.

And then there's the Ceramic 6 Concept, pictured right. The name comes from the car's Ceramic White paint, though we don't really get the Taupe Silver accent stripes. Mazda says they're meant to mimic "the linear frequency patterns found on the likes of couture dresses and flowing fabrics," but it just looks a bit overwrought to us. The Mazda6 already has so many clean lines, why add more?

Mazda has fitted the Ceramic 6 with Rays Volk Racing Original G25 20-inch wheels, also finished in that same silver color. Additional upgrades include an H&R spring kit, larger Brembo brakes and a Racing Beat exhaust (sound familiar?). Inside, there are new, premium soft leathers throughout, in a white-and-black theme, with metallic accents.

Have a look at Mazda's SEMA Sixes in the galleries above and below, and scroll down to read about the company's full Vegas smattering in the press release.Continue reading Mazda hits Vegas with a pair of Sixes
    Mazda hits Vegas with a pair of Sixes originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 05 Nov 2013 19:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

I don't mind the look of the new 6 at all. Handsome mean car! Just wish the specs complimented the car with an MPS

3. Default

very good looking car, just needs a DISI turbs in it

4. Default

I doubt there will be an MPS.

The pricing would take them out of the market entirely.

The most expensive model is just shy of 60K on it's own. Add a turbo model to the line uo ans they're going to be commanding 70K.

Once you're that price you're competing with HSV, FPV, BMW 135 I'm sure I could come up with more but I doubt an MPS will get much of a look in in that bracket.