User Tag List

Thread: Federal 595 rpm

1. Default Federal 595 rpm

Has anyone tried these tyres, are they any good

I looked into Federal 595 tyres and got told they're discontinued. The tyre place suggested Federal Formoza FD2 which is what I'm rolling on at the moment.

http://www.federaltire.com/en/news_d...r=&page=&sn=68

Yeah, old tyre.

What sort of tyre are you after? Track? Street? Cheap?

What size?

I've just bought Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2, paid $230 each fitted.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

4. Default

The hankook was the other tyre I was looking at. Was waiting to see your post about them. Was just wanting something for the street in 225/40/18. It will be good to see your report min the new tyres too

Me looking for semi slick now 235/40/18, decided to get Hankook RS3 , called a few shops but all out of stock.
    any other suggestion?

Just wondering @rogwick how did you find the FD2s?

Tricky one to answer mate as people often have varied opinions. Personally I find them just fine. The first thing I noticed was braking, as usual some idiot cuts me off every few mintues in Perth so I was heavy on the brakes out of the tyre shop practically. Takes a LOT to get ABS to kick in now, I was on the verge of ABS on the previous set (of worn Falkon FK452) on firm braking. Haven't driven much in the wet yet but I can't say I was slipping and sliding. A little hard to comment cause I'm tuning my car at the same time so if I do lose traction in the dry or in the wet it's not necessarily the tyres failing.

I have made a few quick turns at high speed and the tyre and AWD system talk to each other quite well on my car. I'd put my faith in it no problems in any situation at the moment.

Road noise seems low, but then again I have an exhaust and tyre noise has never been much of a factor.

The reason I bought these is I'm sick of paying around $1000 a year for tyres (only lasting like 25-30,000kms) I wanted something to last longer and these were cheaper anyway. So all in all, at this stage. I'd get another set for sure, the real test is how long they last.

For more information about the tyre, have a look here

Federal Formoza FD2
    Last edited by rogwick; 06-11-2013 at 12:05 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

no worries thanks for the input. was thinking of federals at first but ended up with toyos as they were only 30 bucks more a tyre but it seems to wear really quick.