User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobb Accessport

Default Cobb Accessport

Hi guys
    Can someone who is more advanced give some tips and tricks for the new access port?
    I just got it today and I don't know where to start from :-)
    Can the access tuner race software be downloaded? If yes what can you do with that software?
    Any help will be much appreciated

Read this: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12544

Yes it can be downloaded, and it will tune your car...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Read this: Cobb Access Port FAQ

Thanks mate

Hey mate some of the links are pointing back to the thread or to links that they don't exist.
    Edit: I think I need to clear my cookies and history...My mac is playing up!

Read this: Cobb Access Port FAQ

Last edited by jnin; 05-11-2013 at 03:27 PM.

You should post the same question on the MazdaSpeed. org forums, they will provide some great advice and guidance for people that buy things but don't know what it does or how to use it.
    But i'm guessing it didn't come with instructions, if it did you can also read them from the same site that made the device.

Thanks mate
    Will post there too.
    A lot of guys here provide very good info too and I thank them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    You should post the same question on the MazdaSpeed. org forums, they will provide some great advice and guidance for people that buy things but don't know what it does or how to use it.
    But i'm guessing it didn't come with instructions, if it did you can also read them from the same site that made the device.

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Thanks mate
    Will post there too.
    I'll go get some popcorn

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Lol ^^
    I for one would never buy a $600+ item not knowing how to use it... :/
    *thinks about all the people who buy smart phones*

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

*thinks about all the people who buy smart phones*

or every apple fan that buys the new one because "It's the new one" therefore it's good and pretty. Don't get me started... :/
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

11. Default

Ease up fellas, if no one asked questions that have already been answered we wouldnt have anything to say.

I had no idea how to use my AP when I got it either.

A quick search and he would have found it but with the way you guys are acting he may not come back.

Wow! Looks like some guys here were born with the knowledge! You must be proud for yourselves!
    Correct it me if I am wrong but there only 2 ways of tuning your car. The cheap (access port $650) and the expensive way (take it to a tune house and tune it with $2000).
    Just the access port is doing much more than I was expecting.
    Last edited by jnin; 05-11-2013 at 05:38 PM.

On every forum mate there are a handful of wannabes who because they did 2-3 mods on their car they think they hold the Pope by the b@lls and know everything. I am not here for them. I am here to get some help and if I can to help as well. I think that thats the purpose of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    Ease up fellas, if no one asked questions that have already been answered we wouldnt have anything to say.

I had no idea how to use my AP when I got it either.

A quick search and he would have found it but with the way you guys are acting he may not come back.

I'm always happy to help, just not going to type out something I've already written once

Thats ok mate and I am with you. You are helping me almost on every thread that I post and thank you for that

I'm always happy to help, just not going to type out something I've already written once

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Thats ok mate and I am with you. You are helping me almost on every thread that I post and thank you for that
    I think what we are trying to say..is don't go doing mods etc to your engine when you have no clue, especially one that will end up with ZZB, a complete engine management program is what an AP does. People will help when you run into some weird problems. You bought something that should have instructions and even if it doesn't you should of researched exactly what and why you aquired it.

I wil probably get banned but some posts these days are getting close to... why is my engine seized i drained oil but forgot to put oil back in.
    Last edited by shaneski; 05-11-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

17. Default

I think what we are trying to say..is don't go doing mods etc to your engine when you have no clue, especially one that will end up with ZZB, a complete engine management program is what an AP does. People will help when you run into some weird problems. You bought something that should have instructions and even if it doesn't you should of researched exactly what and why you aquired it.
    So you did a coolant bypass and failed to check coolant levels after it, now above questions not even knowing where the coolant flows..amazed you still have an engine that starts.
    Sorry if it sounds like im bein a dick but not checking levels on things etc after changing a mod that effects some sort of fluid is just..........
    Got some sort of chip on your shoulder?

There's constructive critisicm and then the rude garbage your spitting out our new members, want an example of constructive criticism? go see the very first post from Sarcastic One, the question was answered and it was over then you come along with:

I'll go get some popcorn
    How about you just keep it to yourself, did someone forget to teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all"? If you're sick of answering questions that have been asked before, the answer is real simple, don't. There are plenty of others willing to give polite feedback and instructions.

You are not the kind of person I want representing this forum to the newer members you'll make them not wanna come back.

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

Ι think the WAY you are trying to say it is the wrong way…

Back to the topic now
    As I mentioned before there are 2 ways of tuning the car. The expensive (tuner) and the cheap way (access port as far as I know and I ve read). I chose the cheap way because I wanted to increase the turbo boost a bit and nothing else but this thing does more so I wanted to see what the potentials are and if I can do it by myself.
    No I didn't do a research because I didn't thought it would be like that. Also I don't have the luxury to spend hours and days researching. I have a family and I believe its more important. All I wanted was a brief description, opinions and some links if possible.
    I ve already spoken to Ray about etune if I don't make it on my own or if I am not happy with the OTS maps.

19. Default

Mate I'm in a similar situation, don't have enough patience to study on and on about tuning, ray is a great tuner of the access port and more then happy to help with any questions you have. My opinion go the e-tune wether it is ray or anyone else with experience

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    Got some sort of chip on your shoulder?

There's constructive critisicm and then the rude garbage your spitting out our new members, want an example of constructive criticism? go see the very first post from Sarcastic One, the question was answered and it was over then you come along with:

How about you just keep it to yourself, did someone forget to teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all"? If you're sick of answering questions that have been asked before, the answer is real simple, don't. There are plenty of others willing to give polite feedback and instructions.

You are not the kind of person I want representing this forum to the newer members you'll make them not wanna come back.
    Sorry the instructions bit that comes with a part was harsh...my bad.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast