User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobb Accessport

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Ι think the WAY you are trying to say it is the wrong way…

Back to the topic now
    As I mentioned before there are 2 ways of tuning the car. The expensive (tuner) and the cheap way (access port as far as I know and I ve read). I chose the cheap way because I wanted to increase the turbo boost a bit and nothing else but this thing does more so I wanted to see what the potentials are and if I can do it by myself.
    No I didn't do a research because I didn't thought it would be like that. Also I don't have the luxury to spend hours and days researching. I have a family and I believe its more important. All I wanted was a brief description, opinions and some links if possible.
    I ve already spoken to Ray about etune if I don't make it on my own or if I am not happy with the OTS maps.
    Don't even think about doing any tune yourself it wil end up with a blown engine, Rayd knows his stuff, he and a few others have been through many mods/tunes which is documented on other forums...hence why sometimes i think if you cant read a recipe dont go near a kitchen.
    Rayd or other etuners will set you on the right path, maybe i am different and research for weeks before i even change a bolt.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

I dont disagree with you but first of all I have to replace the VVT actuator and what worries me as well is that I saw oil in the turbo as I was installing the FMIC pipping… I also got the fuel pump internals and I will install when I do the actuator. For now I will go with the OTS maps. If I have to replace the turbo I will go with something bigger and then I will definitely go with etune and a DP.
    You are lucky! Wish I had your time and your patience to do research! :-)

How much oil was in your turbo?
    when i installed my fmic it looked like this:

then about 2 months later when we installed my down pipe, it was all black.
    I had FP internals installed during this time, and was running a stage 1 tune on the cobb ap.
    that said, now i have a full 3" exhaust and running a stage 2 custom tune, (I can't recommend getting an e-tune enough! well worth it) and i haven't had a puff of smoke out the tailpipe yet from oily turbo.
    You can raise the idle of the car to help prevent is from going bung...
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Mine is a bit black from fumes but there was actual oil on the edge of the turbo where it meets the hose and also there was oil on the butterfly. I will get some pictures and post them later

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    Got some sort of chip on your shoulder?

There's constructive critisicm and then the rude garbage your spitting out our new members, want an example of constructive criticism? go see the very first post from Sarcastic One, the question was answered and it was over then you come along with:

How about you just keep it to yourself, did someone forget to teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all"? If you're sick of answering questions that have been asked before, the answer is real simple, don't. There are plenty of others willing to give polite feedback and instructions.

You are not the kind of person I want representing this forum to the newer members you'll make them not wanna come back.
    Come on dude it's not a knitting forum , was kind of funny.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Come on dude it's not a knitting forum , was kind of funny.
    Sorry mate but I will disagree on that.
    To you maybe it was funny but to some others wasn't... We are here to help each other and not make fun of each other.
    How about if you go on a shop and the sales person starts making fun on you because you don't know?
    Would you find it funny?

That was mild to what you would experience as a brownie on any other Mazda forum, I got a lot worse than that when I when I started asking questions I used to be scared lol ,just don't take things to heart on this forum some of the longer members just get a bit Kranky at the What SRI is better,how many KW does a stage 1 give you etc
    The trick is to gain people's respect even when they dis you and they will answer your questions no matter how silly the question is.

Anything else you want to know about the Cobb accessport? I'm more than happy to answer any more questions, if there are none I think this thread can be closed..

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Sorry mate but I will disagree on that.
    To you maybe it was funny but to some others wasn't... We are here to help each other and not make fun of each other.
    How about if you go on a shop and the sales person starts making fun on you because you don't know?
    Would you find it funny?
    I used to think like that when as a Brownie but once you reach 500 posts you see the same questions over and over from padwans, when to find the answer all they had to do was use the search button grasshopper .
    99.9% of the time there is no malice intended on this forum.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

To understand. Is this a competition between forums now on who is going to be more smart@ss?
    Its easy. If you see a question that you have answer it or you think its silly or whatever the solution is easy. Dont reply...

That was mild to what you would experience as a brownie on any other Mazda forum, I got a lot worse than that when I when I started asking questions I used to be scared lol ,just don't take things to heart on this forum some of the longer members just get a bit Kranky at the What SRI is better,how many KW does a stage 1 give you etc
    The trick is to gain people's respect even when they dis you and they will answer your questions no matter how silly the question is.
    I used to think like that when as a Brownie but once you reach 500 posts you see the same questions over and over from padwans, when to find the answer all they had to do was use the search button grasshopper .
    99.9% of the time there is no malice intended on this forum.

Nothing at the moment mate.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Yes it can be closed now

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Anything else you want to know about the Cobb accessport? I'm more than happy to answer any more questions, if there are none I think this thread can be closed..

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by jnin; 06-11-2013 at 10:20 AM.

12. Default

Yeah lets let this one die

Default Cobb Accessport

Deleted post due to stupidity

... Thread has been put down...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12