User Tag List

Thread: car battery replacement

Default car battery replacement

Hi guys,

Have just been told after my service that my car battery will need to be replace as its on its way out. (still no issues starting however but apparently a significant decrease under load on testing).

I've gone through the car battery threads and am wondering other than the century batteries - I noticed that there were some guys who went down the Optima route. Any opinions/reviews for other batteries? I don't mind a bit of weight saving and my MPS3 doesnt have electronics that have a major drain on the battery. Would $200 dollars be an adequate budget?

Thanks guys

Hi,
    in my opinion if you're just running normal stuffs optima is overkill as much as i agree it is a good batttery. I used optima in my 4wd as the internal component does not deteriorate from 4wding.

I rate ACdelco battery highly as i've used them in a few cars and could be purchased for less than $200 to suit the MPS.
    just my thought

For that money you will get a top Century battery. I bought mine from Battery World as I was desperate, but is a good place to start to see a decent range.

Then I went Optima purely for space reasons.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 03-11-2013 at 04:48 PM.