User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 mps 3

Default 2008 mps 3

G'day all,

just wanted to join the club here and say hello...

I been driving a Liberty B4 for a while and been a member of OzLiberty but thought i'd join the dark side and got me a MY08 MPS 3 which im loving much more...

Every time i step on it, feel the buzz lol

Anyways, hope to see some of you around.

Cheers,

Johnny.

Hi and welcome, any mods planned.
    Dont mind the liberty B4 ,I thought about 1 before I purchased my MPS

3. Default

welcome bud!

Another VIC member!! Welcome
    Pics??

Thanks alot guys yer the B4 was a great car and loved every bit of it till some old bag hit me from the back and written it off for me... apparently she didn't see me stationary at the lights lol!!!

The first mod i did was change anything i could to LED... second mod is to add the STi lip to the front. But don't know where to begin looking for one or how to install it neatly.

Cheers.

Oh, pics coming up very soon... as soon as i get a chance to wash it... you all know how Melbourne weather is like lol

Hey guys, managed to give it a good wash and took some quick shots as i was going to work this morning... beautiful day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-06 09.02.39.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	517.2 KB 
ID:	15455

Name:	2013-11-06 09.02.26.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	658.9 KB 
ID:	15456

Name:	2013-11-06 09.02.49.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	798.3 KB 
ID:	15457

Name:	2013-11-06 09.03.06.jpg 
Size:	714.8 KB 
ID:	15458

Name:	2013-11-06 09.03.26.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	726.1 KB 
ID:	15459

Name:	2013-11-06 09.03.46.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	589.7 KB 
ID:	15460

and here is my previous pride and joy... will be missed always!!!

Name:	2013-05-19 15.10.24.jpg 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	15461

hope you guys like

Damn that's clean man! Very very bright lol. Love the red

Also that's a nice looking B4. I was dreaming about one of them as my first car, but alas, no turbo allowed :/ What rims are on it?

A Man Utd fan too!! Hells yeh!!

Nice car too dude!!

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Damn that's clean man! Very very bright lol. Love the red

Also that's a nice looking B4. I was dreaming about one of them as my first car, but alas, no turbo allowed :/ What rims are on it?
    Thanks man, very bright i have to squint at times ... stands out like hell!

The B4 was awesome and would most likely own the 2008 Liberty tuned by STi in the very near future... just too expensive now!!! The rims on the B4 were G-Force i believe, cant remember... used to get a lot of compliments about it on the road, was a real head turner!
    zoooooooming

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    A Man Utd fan too!! Hells yeh!!

Nice car too dude!!
    Hells yeah mannn... UTD forever - GIGGSYYYY

Hey guys, just an update...

I've changed everything LED that I can and transformation is amazing now! Just got the foggies to go now n low beams to suit each other, preferably 6000k but just not sure about how to change them exactly without removing the bumper!? Any help please?

Blacked out the badges and put the bulge stripes on bonnet.

Next things to do on the list:

Painting callipers.
    Adding eyelids
    Adding STi front lip
    Adding SRI
    Adding BOV
    Removing side door moulds

Can anyone help with these mods please... Where to get... what to install first... How to install?

Any help would be great please!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    zoooooooming

Changing foggies and parkers is in my thread.. --> http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...tml#post271619 <--

Callipers, @son of eevil did a good write up on that.
    Eye lids, add double sided tape and stick on. Not sure where to get them from, only cause i've never looked into getting them.
    STi lip, not sure if there's a write up on here, but I know for sure there's a good one on MSF. Get it from eBay
    BOV literally unbolt and bolt on new one. Plenty to choose from, do a little research and remember recirc is what you want to run on our cars.
    SRI, little different depending on what one you get. I'd recommend the Corksport one as they're on sale now too. Good value for money, go check them out!
    Side mouldings, need a little bit of heat (hair dryer or something) keep it moving, never on one spot for long, will soften the glue and use fishing line behind it to slowly (and carefully!) work your way along to pull it off. Wax and grease remover will help clean up any sticky residue.

Depending on your priorities, i'd go SRI first as intake suction noise is awesome! The BPV gives that added wank factor which is cool and then the rest is just cosmetic.
    Adding to that, i'd recommend getting an air box with the intake too as you get the added effect of cooler air, which believe it or not is actually noticable!

Hope that helps a little!
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Thanks heaps GibbA, appreciate that!

With regards to your foggies, I want to get the same ones as yours although I found one that are 30W! Would they be too powerful or are yours good enough?

Callipers should be easy to do, I'll just need enough time

I really like the eye lids on our cars, they look good and especially the lip!!

Just with the SRI, what's a good set up and how to get an air box? Anyone got any?

Thx guys.

zoooooooming

No probs mate.

Foggies, they were fine. 1 thing i'll say that annoyed me though, if you use those foggies, get LED parker lights. They look perfect with them. I then went and put cree parker lights in which look white in comparison, making the foggies look a little blue. SO either cree parkers AND foggies, or LED parkers AND foggies. That way they'll both look the same and all sweet.
    That said, I don't have them anymore. I decided I wanted yellow foglights instead. Put tint on, but with the LED globes it was still white, so went back to the stock bulbs with the yellow tint and now it looks sweet.

STi lip looks ok, as long as there are a TONNE of screws in it holding it horizontal. If you don't put enough then it dips in the middle and looks funny. This is just because of the design of the bumper..

Intake, this is the setup I've got and love it:

Mazdaspeed 3 SRI | Stage II Power Series Short Ram Intake
    SRI System | Cold Air Box

But there are also plenty of other intakes available. Cobb tuning, JBR, HTP, CP-e to name some.

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

how much did this setup cost you and where did it come from and how long did it take?

I really want this...

Quote Originally Posted by 007MPS View Post
    how much did this setup cost you and where did it come from and how long did it take?

I really want this...
    As in the intake? I got the stage 2 intake from a member second hand for $200 which was pretty lucky. They don't come up that often though (corksport intakes anyway).
    You can get them direct from corksport though, but obviously going to cost more plus shipping. Pretty easy to install, gotta remove battery and ecu to make it easier though. Few how to's floating around though. probably take a couple hours if you've never worked there in your engine bay before..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Damn, you're lucky man... That's awesome. Hopefully another one comes up again soon.

Damn, you're lucky man... That's awesome. Hopefully another one comes up again soon.

Depending on when corksport bring out their 3" intake, I may upgrade. I'll let you know if I find one though

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Depending on when corksport bring out their 3" intake, I may upgrade. I'll let you know if I find one though

Hmmm... How about you give it me now then you can get your upgrade when it comes out!

zoooooooming

Hmmm... How about you give it me now then you can get your upgrade when it comes out!

Yeah ill just put the maf housing and then pod filter on the turbo...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast