User Tag List

Thread: New Mazda 6 MPS Member

1. Default New Mazda 6 MPS Member

Hi All,
    New to the website and thought id introduce myself. My name is David and i have a 2005 Titanium Gray Mazda 6 MPS.
    Im from Melbourne and ive had the car for roughly 1 year
    Currently has:
    Turbosmart BOV
    CPE CAI
    Tuned by HPF Dandenong.

If you have any questions just feel free to ask.
    Will post pics as soon as i get the chance

Cheers
    Dave

2. Default

Welcome Dave! Keen to see some pictures. Also happy to have another 6 onboard.

Welcome Dave - always good to see more 6's around!

Where in VIC are you? We're catching up for dinner soon - please come along and say hi http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/vic-t...-catch-up.html

4. Default

The choice on the 3 or 6 was difficult but the 6 won due to being a sedan with more space.

Would like to see other MPS owners. Will definitely try and make it, is there a cruise taking place as well after dinner?

I think most 6 owners go through the same thought process..

No cruise has been organised - it's just dinner at this stage. A cruise early next year while the weather is nice will get some interest I'm sure!

6. Default

I liked the 6 because it was AWD and it looks nicer in my opinion.

Oh and the seats came in FULL leather

How many KW did HPF get you?

Any pics?

9. Default

HPF dynoed it at 176 awkws, i didnt think it was too bad, just shy of 180 which is what im after overall but only with an extra mod from hopefully a turbo inlet pipe

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPSWPN View Post
    HPF dynoed it at 176 awkws, i didnt think it was too bad, just shy of 180 which is what im after overall but only with an extra mod from hopefully a turbo inlet pipe
    You may be disappointed at the results all you're likely to get is some nicer intake noise and s good woosh when the recirc valve opens up.

The stock pipe isn't that restrictive, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

You'd be better off going with a new downpipe.

A downpipe will cost you about the same and you'll get much more out of it.

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

wasnt you at olinda on monday was it????

TIP won't net you any more KW , the stock Airbox and TIP isn't as restrictive as Cobb ,CS say it is.
    I got no extra KW from a SRI and TIP

Hi David and welcome!

Great stuff to see you in a 6 mate. 176kW atw isn't too bad but yes as mentioned I wouldn't get your hopes too high by changing the TIP and going/paying for a retune. The things to consider are either breathing or flow in the MPS intake and exhaust system. The TIP does look restrictive by design but if anything it's probably just poor flow. There's not much in it if you're on stock turbo. In saying that, if you're setting your car up for power mods and this is one step you'd like to take I support the mod, just don't think there's much kw in there for you.

If you got the cash a DP will perhaps be the most impressive bolt on mod (bar turbo) that you can get on the MPS. That'll give you the extra couple of kw and then some! But it's up to you. I might have a TIP for sale sometime but not sure on the condition of it, but that's not the point of my post anyway. Haha, not too sure what @sonofeevil means "Downpipe which cost you about the same" you are incorrect there sir, a DP will set you back a fair bit in comparison to a humble TIP replacement. Not to mention TIP you can do yourself, a DP is a bit of a headache you may want to book in, which is even more $ ($350-400 to give an idea which is the cost of the TIP on it's own)

Enjoy your car and throw up some pics!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

14. Default

Where can I get a air intake for my mps 6 2005?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edge auto sport, check forum sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Edge auto sport, check forum sponsors.

You have an iPhone now?

I use a CS SRI and TIP. I can recommend it.

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Default New Mazda 6 MPS Member

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    You have an iPhone now?
    I've got an iPhone, a galaxy s4, lumina 1020, ipad and android tablet..
    Telstra FTW!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

You have too many rectangles in your life @Jmac...

20. Default

Welcome!!! I'm a newbie also