User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda6 CAR-LED Tail Lights

1. Default Mazda6 CAR-LED Tail Lights

It's been a while since I've done a group buy on these, so I figured it's time. I got a PM from one of the members here, so maybe there's more people that are interested, too.

Everybody is pretty familiar with these by now, but here's a description from an old group buy:
    The Car-LED tail lights for the Mazda6 are direct fit aftermarket tail lights. They are flush tails, meaning no bulge on the side that all the USDM models have. They only come in a smoked housing, and now are only available with the amber turn signals. Unlike the other aftermarket LED tails for the 6, they have LED boards in every spot, so even the turn signal and reverse lights are LED. In addition, they keep the circular shape of the brake light areas, which allows for a ring configuration when the parking lights are on. When the brakes are applied, all the LEDs light up. Also, they come with a lifetime warranty.
    Pricing will be set at $349.99 USD, and shipping is free. The payment process will work a bit different than I've done before. You will put down a deposit of $49.99. On November 23rd, 2013 (when the group buy ends), you will be charged the remainder or sent an invoice for the remainder (depending on how you paid). This deposit is completely refunded if the group buy fails to get enough participants. To keep it fair to everybody else, if the group by does have enough participants, but you decide to cancel the order, the deposit is not refundable. Closing on the 23rd of November means I can guarantee delivery before Christmas.

So, if you're interested, head on over to the website and put down your deposit.
    Mazda6 LED Tail Lights - F4D Lighting

I'll leave you with some pictures.

@EDZMPS get in on this GB!

How many buyers do you need as a minimum to ensure the GB goes ahead?

Does anyone know for sure if there is an ADR issue with these?

They look great but I can't afford the insurance risk.

I'm in.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    How many buyers do you need as a minimum to ensure the GB goes ahead?
    15. So far I have one who has submitted payment. These group buys have been pretty successful in the past, so I hope to see this one be successful, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    Does anyone know for sure if there is an ADR issue with these?

They look great but I can't afford the insurance risk.
    I'm not familiar with the term ADR. If it's something completely different than what I'm assuming, please correct me. I'm guessing it has to do with safety rules and regulations.

Obviously, I can't tell you anything officially (especially since I don't know anything about insurance and laws in Australia), but I've sold hundreds of these worldwide, and I have yet to hear anyone come back to me and tell me they got in trouble for them. The US requires side reflectors, which these don't have, but my car has always passed the safety inspection, and I've never heard of anyone having trouble with them over here. For what it's worth, the actual lights are much brighter than the stock tail lights, so regardless of what the DOT says, I feel safer with these on the car. I probably sound biased, I'm sure, but I promise I'm being honest. I can only speak from my experience, of course. Perhaps some of the other members who have purchased these tails before can chime in and help you out.

+1 for members that already have them to chime in and tell us how they look/feel in the flesh.

What about the bulbs for these tail lights? Do they come with? Or can we use the old ones again?

Default Mazda6 CAR-LED Tail Lights

They are LEDs mate :-) part of the package.

As pointed out above, there might be a standard where illumination has to be seen from a certain angle where these LEDs may fail to meet in comparison to an incandescent globe but I can't say I've had an issue. One could argue they look stock just smoked (like some vehicles nowadays have LED lighting from factory)

In terms of brightness these smoke stock tail/brake lights. I can reflect off street signs about 150m away! Can't say I've had an issue being picked up for having these but I have had a number of people comment and point at the lights in an intriguing manner as they do look good and very classy. Generally people have a second look when I drive past and the tail lights are on.

Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    +1 for members that already have them to chime in and tell us how they look/feel in the flesh.

What about the bulbs for these tail lights? Do they come with? Or can we use the old ones again?
    The lighting (LEDs) are built into the fitting mate, you remove the 4 piece stock assembly and entirely replace with these. The outer fittings are a plug and play and the inner one may require some cutting/splicing/soldering in order to give power to the inner brake lights which don't exist on the factory fitting. Cut and splice into the brake circuit and also the tail light illumination (I just spliced into the number plate circuit)

Here's a shot of mine taken on an overcast day in Fremantle

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

definitely interested, my tail lights have dead bugs inside them and don't look too nice at the moment, haha... just wondering, is it free shipping worldwide?

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    definitely interested, my tail lights have dead bugs inside them and don't look too nice at the moment, haha... just wondering, is it free shipping worldwide?
    The free shipping applies to most countries around the world. Australia is included, of course.

Im in, and paid, could not say I am in NSW on the order form though.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyMPS View Post
    Im in, and paid, could not say I am in NSW on the order form though.
    Okay, I'll be sure to note that down. Thanks for letting me know.

@Freak4Dell slightly off topic however I have these tails and had burnt leds in one (which got replaced thankyou), now it appears the reversing lights are different colours, the replacement is much brighter than the old one?

15. Default

The white light from one of those LED's is very illegal... Is that what it actually looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    The white light from one of those LED's is very illegal... Is that what it actually looks like?
    i assume you're talking about the reverse light? the one that you'll only ever use in your drive way and in a car park for ten-fifteen seconds at a time? doubt a cop will see to defect it... unless you're like me and accidentally put your car into reverse instead of first gear at the lights with a cop on a bike behind you... surprised i didn't get pulled over that time, lol
    If you can't fist it, it's not big enough!

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    i assume you're talking about the reverse light? the one that you'll only ever use in your drive way and in a car park for ten-fifteen seconds at a time? doubt a cop will see to defect it... unless you're like me and accidentally put your car into reverse instead of first gear at the lights with a cop on a bike behind you... surprised i didn't get pulled over that time, lol
    Ahh that's the reverse light okay then.

Only made that mistake once it was like the 2nd week I owned it

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

18. Default

Sorry, guys, I've been kinda busy this past week.

Anyway, so far the numbers don't look too good. Let's hope people jump in this week so we can get this going.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    @Freak4Dell slightly off topic however I have these tails and had burnt leds in one (which got replaced thankyou), now it appears the reversing lights
    are different colours, the replacement is much brighter than the old one?
    Yeah, the quality of the LEDs in the reverse lights was changed up over time just to try and keep making these better, so you may see slight variations like that between old and new batches. Unfortunately, since it's not a defect, I can't offer a replacement to match, but if it does really bother you, I can sell individual pieces by themselves. I usually don't recommend buying that way unless there's physical damage, because it's not exactly cheap, and the reverse lights don't stay on for very long anyway.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    Yes, the reverse lights are a slightly cool white (some people are able to see a very, very small hint of blue in them). Most OEM reverse lights are a warm white, because that's just the natural color of incandescent bulbs. I can't think of any color other than white that reverse lights could be, considering you have to use them to see while you're backing up. I've never heard of any cops giving people trouble over cool white vs. warm white on the reverse lights.

I know everyone is just waiting until the last minute to sigh up for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast