User Tag List

Thread: 2005 Mazda 6 MPS Climate Control Will Not Go Below 18 degrees

1. Default 2005 Mazda 6 MPS Climate Control Will Not Go Below 18 degrees

Hi guys, recently purchased a 2005 Mazda 6 MPS and loving it. Just have one question relating to climate control. Is it normal that I can not dial below 18 degrees. When changing the cabin tempature turning it anti-clock wise I can not go below 18degrees. The tempature inside the cabin is a lot warmer than when the outside ambient tempature is below 12 degrees. Please help.

Pretty certain the 6 only goes down to 18 degrees with the air con, although I haven't tested it's accuracy with my own thermobobulator

3. Default

thanks MadAussie, even without the aircon on the car seems to be a lot warmer than it is outside. is this normal?

Generally it's pretty normal - air coming through the intakes go close to a lot of warm components, and generally the ambient temps are higher in the cab.

Do you want to make the vents bring much cooler air in than the 12 deg ambient?

5. Default

ok that heat coming from the turbo could be a large part. Its my first turbo vehicle, all other vehicles are relatively cool inside when the ambient tempature outside is around 12degrees.

Have you had cars with climate control before?

The only way to get the temp below 18 if outside ambient is lower is to turn the A/C off. Otherwise the heater is on to bring the in-car temp up to 18

7. Default

Hey guys, update to this post. h weekend I changed the engine over to Penrite Racing 10W/40 POA & Ester base. As I recently purchased the car from the car yard a month ago, I'm not sure what oil was originally used. But believe it or not, the engine is running a lot cooler. Yesterday we experienced a 32degree day here in Melbourne and I can actually feel the difference in temperature in the engine bay and the cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by claudeb View Post
    Hey guys, update to this post. h weekend I changed the engine over to Penrite Racing 10W/40 POA & Ester base. As I recently purchased the car from the car yard a month ago, I'm not sure what oil was originally used. But believe it or not, the engine is running a lot cooler. Yesterday we experienced a 32degree day here in Melbourne and I can actually feel the difference in temperature in the engine bay and the cabin.
    Yep that oil is one of the best out there
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //