User Tag List

Thread: Another boost thread

1. Default Another boost thread

Hi guys,

Just got a Cobb AP did some 4th gear datalogs. I set the flash to match my mods and fuel Stage1, CS + 98.

I noticed after changing it to the above map, my boost pressure went down to about 13.5PSI. Also noticed wastegate duty is on about 50%, does this mean it's letting the pressure out?

I've attached a 4th gear WOT, there are approx 4 runs in it separated by a space in between each.

I thank you all in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tip, when taking logs, go through the rev range, right to >6000rpm.
    Also, noticed your max throttle position is around 73%?.... seems odd. It doesn't go to 100% but I usually get readings of around 86% at WOT.

Anyway, put the 3 runs in VD to show you how you need to go through the whole rev range.

Also, when you say boost went down, what did it go down FROM, and perhaps check for a boost leak, as you just installed an intake
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Tip, when taking logs, go through the rev range, right to >6000rpm.
    Also, noticed your max throttle position is around 73%?.... seems odd. It doesn't go to 100% but I usually get readings of around 86% at WOT.

Anyway, put the 3 runs in VD to show you how you need to go through the whole rev range.

Also, when you say boost went down, what did it go down FROM, and perhaps check for a boost leak, as you just installed an intake
    Went down from around 15-16psi

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

Get a proper log going mate, then it will be easier to pin point any issues. If you are not sure how to do a full log or what to log, just ask or do some more reading in the ECU Modification forum.

5. Default

I'm actually doing a 4th gear run with the standard tune then the 98 + CS from 2.5K to 6K.

As far as "full log" yeah I'm not sure what that is, is it a setting or something I've missed?

I'll do a 3rd gear run as well

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    I'm actually doing a 4th gear run with the standard tune then the 98 + CS from 2.5K to 6K.

As far as "full log" yeah I'm not sure what that is, is it a setting or something I've missed?

I'll do a 3rd gear run as well
    Message me and I'll help you through it, perhaps come down your way sometime to do it?..
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

7. Default

Rightio, so I did some proper runs tonight, I logged literally everything.

What i have here are the data logs for the standard tune and for the CS + 98 Stage 1 tune both 3rd and 4th gear runs for both.

Stock 3rd Gear.csv
    Stock 4th Gear.csv
    CS + 98 3rd Gear.csv
    CS + 98 4th Gear.csv

Here's the overlay for the dyno for the 4 of them. For some reason power seemed down on the stock 4th gear run.

My concern is that the boost is down in all of them, I can only assume this means there is a boost leak somewhere, that or my wastegate is opening up too much.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Current mods:
    Cobb Access Port

8. Default

I had to add wastegate duty on ATR to hit boost targets. The stock map has a more aggressive WGDC table than the stage1 map

Edit: looks like you're struggling to hit boost even on the stock map post the intake install...your AFRs look like they're hitting target (11.6 on the Stage 1 map), so not sure if that points to a leak.

What are your fuel trims like when in closed loop?
    Last edited by allo80; 27-10-2013 at 06:06 AM. Reason: more info

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    I had to add wastegate duty on ATR to hit boost targets. The stock map has a more aggressive WGDC table than the stage1 map

Edit: looks like you're struggling to hit boost even on the stock map post the intake install...your AFRs look like they're hitting target (11.6 on the Stage 1 map), so not sure if that points to a leak.

What are your fuel trims like when in closed loop?
    Perhaps I'm misguided on what the stock pressure is, it's 16PSI right?

Also, how do I check the closed loop fuel trims?

My other question is if I have a boost leak, it couldn't be from the SRI install, because if there'a hole it's or a gap that air can escape, all it will be doing is drawing it in through there, there would also the AFR's would be out because there would be more air then the MAF was reading.
    Last edited by son of eevil; 27-10-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Current mods:
    Cobb Access Port

10. Default

not sure if the stock calibration for 3s and 6s are the same but the on the 3 its 15.6psi from 2.5k revs to 4k revs. From there it tapers down to 8.9psi by 6.5k revs.

Yeah, if it was a boost leak i would have expected the afr's to be a bit more off.

For fuel trims just do a log on part throttle