User Tag List

Thread: Swapped to SRI now have window problems

1. Default Swapped to SRI now have window problems

Swapped over to an SRI with TIP and air box yesterday and now my drivers window won't automatically go up and down if I push the button all the way down or pull it all the way up.

Any ideas?

Wind window up, keep button up for 5 seconds

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

if you removed the battery as above you will need to wind it up and hold it for about 3-5secvonds

4. Default

Worked cheers guys

This fact needs to be in a sticky, and if it already is, needs to be somewhere more obvious because it does get asked a lot... :/

6. Default

I didn't even think to search for it...

I figured blown fuse, ecu issue or just a huge coincidence.

Yeah certainly understandable, I would have thought that too, apart from the fact I just came across it in reading one day and remembered it for when it happened to me

RULE 1: Read the manual that comes with whatever you buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    RULE 1: Read the manual that comes with whatever you buy!
    Who reads the manual with anything they buy lol

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    This fact needs to be in a sticky, and if it already is, needs to be somewhere more obvious because it does get asked a lot... :/
    Lol, you should add it to official random thread.. :-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

People should ask it in there!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

12. Default

Added to the thread @GibbA

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Me. That's why I knew how to reset the auto-window ;o) back.
    I guess it comes from being part engineer and pilot too. You don't just step into a plane and fire it up and hope all is going to work out well.

Key things to understand are:

Weight & Balance & loading
    Critical airframe speeds and stall speeds at differnt angles of bank
    Best airspeed for Glide and Range
    Fuel burn settings for climb and cruise so you don't fry the engine on too lean settings
    Approach speeds and max speed for various flap settings
    Max gear down airspeed
    Cowl flaps and engine cooling strategies
    Engine run-up and mag check procedures

And so on.......there's lots more, even before you put the key in the door, far less in the starter switch

If car drivers approached learning about their cars and driving with checklists, then they might survive better than they do.

Checked your tyres in the morning before leaving home??
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Me. That's why I knew how to reset the auto-window ;o) back.
    I guess it comes from being part engineer and pilot too. You don't just step into a plane and fire it up and hope all is going to work out well.

Key things to understand are:

Weight & Balance & loading
    Critical airframe speeds and stall speeds at differnt angles of bank
    Best airspeed for Glide and Range
    Fuel burn settings for climb and cruise so you don't fry the engine on too lean settings
    Approach speeds and max speed for various flap settings
    Max gear down airspeed
    Cowl flaps and engine cooling strategies
    Engine run-up and mag check procedures

And so on.......there's lots more, even before you put the key in the door, far less in the starter switch

If car drivers approached learning about their cars and driving with checklists, then they might survive better than they do.

Checked your tyres in the morning before leaving home??
    I think you're probably taking it to the extreme... I check my tyre pressure every month or if I can see that it looks down, I don't want a checklist before I start my car in the morning. I'm fine with 2 minutes of idling.

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

True enough, and that wasn't my intention, nor do I run through a comprehensive checklist before cranking up. What I mean is that the average wally gives not a second thought to his "right" to drive and how to manage the machine he has the keys for. The relationship between a pilot's licence, his right to fly and the things he has to consider before taking to the air in an almost empty sky are in stark contrast to the average driver's relationship between his licence and managing his machine in a crowded two dimensional environment, with a far greater number of immediate hazards. But I do walk around to make sure all the black bits are still round and not flat on the bottom. Cheers )
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

16. Default

I memorize the number plates of the cars around me then look around for dents and scratches when I get back