User Tag List

Thread: Hi all

1. Default Hi all

Firstly I would like to say hello everyone my names Adam and im new to the group I've just purchased a 09 mps 3 and so far so good.
    coming from a nissan s15 it's alot different and find myself looking at the best little upgrades for that extra punch,but maintain quiet exhaust,what does everyone suggest on doing and where's a good place in Sydney to take my car to?
    second question anyone bought just the base model mps and just upgraded their standard system to the bose system?whats involved?

Hi mate welcome. Go after market audio it just as easy

Hi and welcome, very different car indeed! I agree with the above too!

4. Default

Will my car still have the spots for the speakers that the luxury model has?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome,Cobb AP and Etune and DP will net you about 200KWATW which should give u a nice punch.
    It always starts off as little upgrades and then turns into big ones this definitely happend to me.

Welcome

General consensus recommends NOT taking your car to MPS garage. Just a heads up.

Welcome mate

Default Hi all

Welcome mate. Some good advice there already.

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure they have the same speaker count except for the subwoofer. That's not to say they base and lux speakers are the same.

Regardless sounds the you're just itching to swap them out, so don't struggle with making Bose fit. Go aftermarket. Lots of keen audiophiles here to give you advice.

As for quiet power, leave the car stock and buy a Cobb Access Port. Once you realize you can have more power, the access port can be updated with different maps to suit your build, even bigger turbo

Enjoy.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Welcome aboard mate.

I will just say that looking at mods that will not effect the NVH level in your mps is pointless.

From personal experience I can tell you that once you start modding there is no holding back lol, and you will just go mental like the rest of us.

11. Default

Thanks all for the heads up,the base model comes with 6 speakers and luxury 10 counting sub,anyone recommend anywhere in syd for audio?also performance place in syd?

Welcome mate.

I take my car to Tunehouse for everything from services to upgrades and can attest to their work being top notch.

DEFINITELY don't take your car to MPS Garage, I can similarly attest to their work and customer service being tantamount to a joke.

13. Default

Tunehouse is pricey arent they?would suit me though as they are only around the corner.

Pricey but high quality, high customer service and high MPS knowledge base. You get what u pay for at $100 an hour.. Personally I go there for certain things but general servicing I have my regular mechanic do it.

15. Default

What intake system does everybody use?and where did they buy it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mps085 View Post
    I have a Cobb SRI at the moment , best place to buy is from the forum sponsor Edgeautosports

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mps085 View Post
    I've got the corksport stage 2 SRI, direct from cofksport

18. Default

Welcome to the forums mate. Corksport is perfect for turbo inlet pipe with SRI. also make sure you get the mounts and short shifter, makes a hell of a difference in terms of shifting..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

HTP make a good product.

Its a combined 3" intake and TIP.

No air box though.

http://www.hitunedperformance.com/ht...combo-kit-ms3/

I has the Corkspory Stage 2 with their box which was a nice setup. See my page in my sig.