User Tag List

Thread: Black Mazda 2 - TNCC

Default Black Mazda 2 - TNCC

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would share:

This weekend I tackled this little Mazda 2.
    The owner previously thought he would polish the car himself (Props to him for giving it a go atleast). He said he used Armor All Polish? and worked on it in the garage. He was saying how he thought it looked great but then when he reversed it out into the sun he noticed what he had just done (I'm not so sure I would of wanted to see his reaction). The car had 20,000kms on it so fairly new. On first appearance I was shocked as to the damage that had been caused.

The Mazda paint was ridiculously low & the paint was sticky. Being black wasn't helping. I advised the customer straight away that due to the thin amount of paint I may not be able to remove all swirls/marks & achieve a 100% correction.

Here is how the day progressed:

This was of the roof, the rest of the car was much the same, never getting a reading over 100microns

Bonnet 50/50 (Left side before-Right side after), Showing just how much damage was caused prior

Front Bar Before

Front Bar After (Marks Below are just polish residue that needs to be wiped

Front Half of car done

Moving on to the Right side

50/50

Before

After

Guard, Front Door & Half rear door done

Left Side, Door 50/50

Rear Right Door Before

Right Rear Door After

Random Boot Shot

Interior got a basic clean to

Final Shots, Sorry about the sun, My camera didn't live up to the task, I'm really due to upgrade, I should of taken more as well

Thanks for looking and feedback welcome

2. Default

Nicely done! what was the customers reaction when he/she saw the finished result?

Good work Matt

I think we can officially call you NSW's gloss monster Matt ...such a brilliant result mate!

@MATMPS Good work mate, it's a shame that you are too busy for your fellow forum members.. :-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Nicely done! what was the customers reaction when he/she saw the finished result?
    Thanks mate, Customer just kept smiling, saying wow and thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Good work Matt
    Thanks again Mate

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    I think we can officially call you NSW's gloss monster Matt ...such a brilliant result mate!
    Haha thanks man, appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    @MATMPS Good work mate, it's a shame that you are too busy for your fellow forum members.. :-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
    Never to busy just a bit of a delay, let me know if/when you want it done and we can lock it in!

Did the customer polish the car with Armour all and sandpaper? Far out that looked so bad before you worked your magic. Excellent result!

yeah, did he use a dirty rag or something to polish the car? I'm a tightass, I've been using Turtle Wax hardshell to polish my MPS, for the price that stuff is great.

Hi Guys, Sorry for the late reply, He actually did use armorall polish, applying by hand with a dirty rag and moving in circular motions resulting in the finish seen prior to our detail.