User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mazdaspeed 6 - what's the best fuel

Been running e20 (% of e85 varies based on season) for over a year now with no I'll effects
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Luke has proven it can be tuned to more power than 98.
    Also guys that run a blend of E85 that is tuned for it, wouldn't put it way over an E10 blend?
    Pretty sure 3 years of threads and experimenting on MSF proved it well before Luke did...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Been running e20 (% of e85 varies based on season) for over a year now with no I'll effects

Pretty sure 3 years of threads and experimenting on MSF proved it well before Luke did...
    HAHA, yeah i know but many don't know MSF exists, i been using united 100 and last time it was tuned via Tunehouse it had it in it and can run 22psi with no knock yet with bp98 could only do 18.5psi.
    Positive is there is a new United 3 blocks away and its average price is $1.57 pl.
    Stil the weird thing people think with just E10 it will melt hoses and make the universe implode. I asked LEX about our united and sent him the link of whats in it, he was like wtf they scared of, any bit of ethanol for a forced induction engine is a positive.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Simple explanation for that, see link below, but the calorific value of ethanol is way lower than for gasoline, so there are obvious trade-offs:

With only 2/3 the energy of gasoline, ethanol costs more per mile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12