User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mazdaspeed 6 - what's the best fuel

Default mazdaspeed 6 - what's the best fuel

Hi guys another question. So I just realised that I've been putting in 100 octane fuel in my mazdaspeed 6 and it's ethanol enhanced so it's getting the boot. Which fuel would you guys recommend?

50/50 E85 w tune ...... Or if no e85 100 united oct.... Or 98 and Meth water injection...

Is bp98 any good. I wanna stay away from the 100 octane cause I have pretty much stock injectors and that stuff.

Theres a thread on here on what petrol everyone uses. Have a search through that

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    Is bp98 any good. I wanna stay away from the 100 octane cause I have pretty much stock injectors and that stuff.
    ? No problem there bro! Get into it if your tuned and on BNRS3.. get that MPS going!
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Im running 100 RON in my 6 no issues either

sent from my prison cell

Stay away from ethanol blends if you want you rubber components to last. Run BP Ultimate 98, Shell 98 or Caltex Vortex 98. The car needs a minimum of 96 but the additional cost of 98 is minimal and the fuel is subject to finer filtering, at least in the case of BP Ultimate. Some people run a performance car and quibble about the few Cpl difference for the right juice that will keep the car happy and on-song - what can I say?

Cheers heaps mate. Was just curious cause my bro told me 98 wasn't the best but I'll definitely go back to that to save what rubber I have left hahaha

9. Default

The octane of the fuel has no effect on your injectors. Octane is simply a measure of the field resistance to detonation.

Unless you're tuned for it 100 octane would be wasted, the timing sensors can only retard timing not advance it. Factory I think these are tuned for 95/6.

I run 98 because I'm not sure what the tolerances in the fuel are IE what octane can 95 be for it to still be called 95.

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    The octane of the fuel has no effect on your injectors. Octane is simply a measure of the field resistance to detonation.

Unless you're tuned for it 100 octane would be wasted, the timing sensors can only retard timing not advance it. Factory I think these are tuned for 95/6.

I run 98 because I'm not sure what the tolerances in the fuel are IE what octane can 95 be for it to still be called 95.
    Nice info, what's your background?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

11. Default

My background or my sources?

My background is car enthusiasts that extensively researches everything.

My source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

Very good read if your're interested.

I should clarify, when I said timing as sensor I should have said knock sensor, it detects "knock" which is premature fuel detonation, bad knock is referred to as pinging. When it senses knock it retards the timing so that the ignition (spark) fires at the same point the fuel would detonate.

In a perfect world when your piston is at top dead center it would detonate, the closer you can detonate the fuel to TDC the less power you lose in combustion.

Too much knock will cause engine damage which is why cars are fitted with knock sensors.

How this ties in with fuel is that when apply heat and pressure fuel will ignote, a lower octane (RON rated) fuel will detonate earlier than higher octane (RON rated) fuel. Ideally fuel should not ignote/combust before the spark sets it off which is just prior to TDC so that by the time the combustion process is at it's peak power output the piston is at TDC.

In the case of N/A cars a higher compression ratio requires a higher RON rating so that the fuel doesn't detonate prematurely, whilst F/I cars force more air into lower compression engines the outcome is that same and it also requires higher RON fuel.
    Last edited by son of eevil; 19-10-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

So for example if I've upgrade the fuel pump with HPFP,is it still save to stay with Vortex98 etc ? Just wonder

Octane only affects the combustion process inside the engine. Nothing to do with fuel pump or injectors etc.
    A untuned MPS is rated for any fuel from 95RON.
    Octane changes the cars resistance to knock/pinging (pinking to use the correct word) and the burn speed of the fuel.
    I can't imagine too many modern cars using natural rubber anywhere anymore, it would all be synthetic, therefore pretty resistant to low levels of ethanol

I can feel a mspaint picture coming on....

A lot of tuners I have talked too recommend BP98

Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    So for example if I've upgrade the fuel pump with HPFP,is it still save to stay with Vortex98 etc ? Just wonder
    Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Octane only affects the combustion process inside the engine. Nothing to do with fuel pump or injectors etc.
    A untuned MPS is rated for any fuel from 95RON.
    Octane changes the cars resistance to knock/pinging (pinking to use the correct word) and the burn speed of the fuel.
    I can't imagine too many modern cars using natural rubber anywhere anymore, it would all be synthetic, therefore pretty resistant to low levels of ethanol
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/fuell...tml#post279098
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Is caltex 98 better than b98?

Is caltex 98 better than b98?
    Yes and no and no and yes.
    Depends who you ask.

Just try different brands and work it out for yourself

19. Default

I still don't get the myth of some people with don't touch anything with E10 it wil destroy your engine etc aka united 100, cars like ours and many others have that sticker that says it E10 compliant, if this stuff was so harmful there would be warranty claims and mass legal actions against oil companies over engine damage, Luke has proven it can be tuned to more power than 98.
    Also guys that run a blend of E85 that is tuned for it, wouldn't put it way over an E10 blend?

I got etuned by ray and we hit the limit on 98 stock turbo / safe tune than put United 100 RON in and knock went right down

sent from my prison cell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast