User Tag List

Thread: PERM PCV Plates In Stock at EdgeAutosport!

1. Default PERM PCV Plates In Stock at EdgeAutosport!

We are now carrying the PERM PCV Plates and they are in stock and ready to ship.

In case you are wondering why you may want to pick one of these up for your car, some very good information about the PCV system for the MZR can be found here.

The PERM Tuning PCV Plate is $180 and comes with the two brass 90* barb fittings, as well as the check valve and the eight bolts to replace the factory PCV box bolts.

I have this on my MPS and can attest to its quality! great kit

What's it do? Give me any extra HP

^^^ was wondering same thing. Never really heard anyone talk about them.

In high boost applications its there to ensure good crank case pressure evacuation. baically adds a second crank case vent port directly at the crank case. works very well!

6. Default

^^ Great explanation!

It basically improves upon the factory pcv system. When running higher boost the factory PCV can't vent enough crankcase pressure and in some cases fails altogether. When this happens most guys end up spitting out their dipstick and blowing oil all over their engine bay. With the PERM PCV plate you can run a vented catch can setup as well as a standard catch can setup to retain perfect vacuum while maximizing the amount of crankcase ventilation.

Here is a picture detailing the best way to setup the PERM PCV Plate with some catch cans.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perm_vacuum_flow.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	15369

7. Default

The PERM PCV plate is a great way to keep your valves clean while maintaining plenty of crank case ventilation.