User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mazda 6 camber kit and bushings from Fulcrum Suspensions

From the online catalog http://203.31.191.243/fulcrumCat/ I would suggest having a look at:

SPF2953K upper control arm bushes will allow camber and some caster adjustment.

SPF2958K adjustable caster arm bushes will allow further caster adjustment.

But make sure you check it yourself.

Thanks for the link, while I am at it (will have most of the front suspension apart anyway) I thought I would also order and fit the Control arm lower inner and outer bushes (SPF2954K, SPF2955K). I presume these are worth investing in ???

3. Default

i will let you know in about 2 weeks time.

i bought all 4 kits and am waiting on some lowering springs to arrive before i get the 'drop and tighten' of the whole front end.

i'm doing this whole change in bushes out of curiosity more than anything else, but also in the hope that the wheel alignment will keep aligned.

i'll post back when i get it done

That would be great, thanks.

I have already lowered the car but have yet to get the geometry reset, I am not using the car at the moment so no harm done.
    I thought I would do all these bushes + the rear sway bar and drop links and then get everything set up to a good fast road/track alignment.
    Therein lies another subject, has anybody got a set of camber, caster, toe settings (F & R) for the above use on a MPS6.

5. Default

no updates yet on the install of these kits at the moment - waiting for the arrival of my ebiachs springs, then get the bushes and alignment done at the same time.

info relating to setting, i found this thread on a US forum. Note sure whether these specs are right for australian roads though,

Alignment .. "in Spec" Not Good Enough - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum

Well between us we can get somewhere near perfect, I am in the UK but those yank figures look pretty good as a starting point.

7. Default

So after a couple of months waiting for the springs, the day finally arrived!!! I had everything installed today - list of items for install below:
    • SPF2953K upper control arm bushes will allow camber and some caster adjustment.
    • SPF2958K adjustable caster arm bushes will allow further caster adjustment.
    • SPF2954K - lower control arm inner bush
    • SPF2955K - lower control arm outer bush
    • Eibach front lower springs (i installed the rears over the weekend, but I couldn't do the front as I could not crack the upper strut plate bolt that holds the shock to the spring).

Wheel alignment specs are attached. All up I am satisfied with the results, but I would not recommend it if you aren't willing to part with the cash to get it done.

Car is handling really straight with limited tram tracking, and I don't have to fight my steering anymore due to having negative camber and better toe stats.

I doubt I will have any further issue regarding the alignment being blown out due to a bee's sneeze now.

My stock bushes were in pretty good nick too when I inspected them post installation, however considering the age of the vehicle, i decided very early on that I would swap these are they are prone to premature failure.

Cost wise, this is what it has cost me in AUD$:
    Eibachs lowering springs - $450
    All Superpro Bushes - approx. $455, but you can probably just get the caster and camber kits for about $330 total - just talk to you Bursons rep real nice, and they can usually do a good price;
    install of bushes and front springs, plus alignment - $450
    GT ($AUD): $1355.00
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wheel alignment &#11.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	4362  

Thanks for the update. I know exactly how you feel, having some negative camber for a change makes the car so much nicer to drive. What are your thoughts on the polyurethane bushes, with the full set installed does it feel harsh?

9. Default

To be honest, the ride has not felt harsh since the install. I;ve hit a few pot holes and bumps and the car seems pretty solid - similar to what it was with the OEM rubber bushes.

I can get a bit more understeer but suspect this is more to do with the front tie bar l have installed now as well.

Car is not to jouncey either. Eibachs and stocks shocks seem to be holding up fine for now (found out they are KYBs) - but am seriously considering some Bilstein B8's in about 6 - 8 months time. Once all the bits have settled a bit, and the shocks have had it.

So in a nutshell ?? it is worth fitting all 4 sets of bushes.
    Mine is already lowered so that part of the job is out of the way.
    I will aslo be fitting a Whiteline rear bar at the same time as the front bushes so hopefully any understeering tendancies should be totally eliminated.

11. Default

In a nut shell -

Replacing all 4 sets - probably not
    Replacing the camber and caster bushes only - definately!

do i reget it? Hell No.

12. Default My 6 was good until I took it for an wheel alingnment to BOB JANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCMPS View Post
    Even the front are out of half degree, you still think that is ok?

I just checked Mazda6 MPS spec, rear camber should be -1 degree and 37 mins, left and right for both front and rear must not exceed 1.5 degree. Do you think my rear camber is terrible or toe is terrible?
    Hey mate can you post the specs that you mentioned.I m trying to find the original Mazda MPS specs for ages.
    My 6 was good until I took it for an wheel alingnment to BOB JANE(due to a hitting the gutter with the front left).Now the steering is light and not as direct as it used to be.
    Driving me nuts.
    Thanks,
    Josh..

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

P.S.THESE ARE THE FINAL FIGURES I GOT AFTER WHEEL ALIGMENT:

front axle final values
    REAR AXLE FINAL VALUES

total toe +1.2mm +2.2 mm
    half toe LH+0.6mm RH+0.5mm LH+1.0mm RH+1.2mm
    MAX.DIF
    CAMBER -00dg00min -00dg10min -01dg40min -01.dg30min
    MAX.DIF
    CASTER +04dg20min +04dg20min
    KING-PIN
    ANGLE +04dg40min +04dg40min
    MAX.DIF
    INCL.ANGLE +04dg40min +04dg30min

SET BACK -00dg10min -00dg10min -00dg10min

THRUST ANGLE -00dg00min
    TRACK DIFFERENCE -00dg10min

Those specs actually look pretty good. The main problem as you can see is that the 6 does not have adjustable front camber so you have virtually no camber at the front. In fact no camber at all at the front left.

This is why stock 6MPS's wear the outer edges of the front tyres and have steering that doesn't feel very nice. I suspect your car now feels the way it does is because of a combination of established wear patterns in the tyres, changed toe-in and no camber.

You could try rotating the tyres to different positions to try to improve the feel, but I would not recommend altering the wheel alignment from those specs.

If you are really bothered by the way it feels you probably need to get some camber up front, either by lowering or installing adjustable upper control arm bushes. It's a bit of expense and effort, but I highly recommend it. The car will be transformed and you'll fall in love with it again.
    Last edited by kmh001; 16-12-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Gone to Volvo

14. Default

Have you checked your tyre pressures since the alignment? The alignment looks good, but your bob jane guys might have pump them up too much.

15. Default

thanks for the reply guys>>so just to confirm i will get some front camber if i put some king springs on?

and yeah the guys from bob jane have put the tyre pressure on 48!!???so I got them back on 40 and the ride is even worse>>soft, the steering indirect with the car "falling in to every pothole" so to speak.
    ive done another wheel aligment but same shit...

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

also can you guys recommend a place in melbourne wheer I can get and install the lower springs?Thanks..

The best way to get some neg camber at the front is the adjustable bushes, but if you're planning to lower it anyway you could try that first, it may give you enough camber.

The thing about tyre pressures is that every different type of tyre has its own ideal pressure and you need to find a compromise between how the tyre feels and how it wears. I recommend you do some experimentation with tyre pressures to try and find a pressure that feels good. Start at mid 20's work your way up in 3psi increments to about 40. But make sure you keep the front to rear pressure equal so the AWD doesn't complain.

Gone to Volvo

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jozimozi View Post
    ---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

[/COLOR]also can you guys recommend a place in melbourne wheer I can get and install the lower springs?Thanks..
    i had the guys at pedders in south melbourne do all my install work for me - bushes, lowering springs, and recently the bilsteins.

parts i purchased from various suppliers across australia.
    springs from mpsgarage (eibachs)
    bilsteins from gslmotorsports
    bushes kits from bursons

18. Default

anyway i ve put the pedders sport rider springs on>>>little bit better but still same problem.

19. Default

anyway.........just done a wheel aligment with JAXX at Epping and have to share the good wibe...
    not only they did a good job but this was a presedan over my past experiences with various whell aligment places,BEFORE dOING THE ALINGMENT THEY TOOK THE CAR FOR A SPIN!!!!!...
    there you go guys,,,highly recomended...
    cheers.

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    correct, that's how mazda do it on the rear end. It's inexplicable they haven't provided adjustment at the front.

---------- post added at 07:56 am ---------- previous post was at 07:53 am ----------

i got a quote from supercheap in may this year. $279.95 for the upper control arm bushes spf2953k and $145.95 for the adjustable caster arm bushes spf2958k.

Installation would probably double that figure.
    has anyone ever reported on the results after istalling spf2395k and spf2958k? Im thinking of gettin it done but afraid it wont make any differebceto ho the car drives???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123