User Tag List

Thread: I got E-Tuned!

1. Default I got E-Tuned!

Hey guys,

Dont use the forums as much but I wanted to express my feelings after being E-Tuned by Rayd

So I must explain why I wanted a E-tune in the first place... Main reason is I want a reliable car and peace of mind nothing will go BOOM as far as the tune of my then current OTS stage 1 with CS stage 2 intake and box.

The OTS tune was O.K but i did not like seeing KR at WOT, which at the time was 1-2KR (with cool BAT's) which I know is not a great deal compared to some stories ive read but, again i wanted peace of mind.

Which brings me to getting etuned. First revision was fairly modest, Immediately got rid of KR on WOT.

There were a few more revisions after that to get to the stage im at now, which is NO KR on WOT, MORE POWAH, happy FP and the biggest surprise a much MUCH more responsive engine.

I recommend anyone on an OTS tune even with minimal mods like myself to take the plunge, Rayd's revisions were fast and straight to the point. I was sending him datalogs at 10PM and he would have a new revision sent by 2AM! HE DOES NOT SLEEP!

Now for you power junkies i went from Revision 1 = 154kw at all 4 to Revision 4 = 180kw at all 4 wheels! not bad for a intake only 6MPS!

At this point in time im happy with the tune and dont feel I should push the engine harder just for the sake of a few more extra KW So it will happily stay as it is!

Thanks guys that's my 2c!

Link to VD results!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7FB72960-C0B2-4CA1-8FAF-1614EF6A100E-55326-00000D109ED34D14_zps165a6ce3.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	15351
    Last edited by DarkSoul; 15-10-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Nice results!

Glad to hear you got that knock out of the road, you were getting that hesitation too weren't you? All gone now?

180kw at all the wheels is a solid result! Would be interested to see what gains were made in the mid range

4. Default

I was getting hesitation when i installed CS stage 2 intake with no AP, one thing the OTS map did give me is no hesitation so not bagging it out, but it can be improved

5. Default

Dan ill see if @rayd can post up the VD results but yes boost comes sooner and it definitely feels like theres a big hike in power especially in mid range

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
    I was getting hesitation when i installed CS stage 2 intake with no AP, one thing the OTS map did give me is no hesitation so not bagging it out, but it can be improved
    Yeah that's great, the AP minimized it for me, but certainly didn't eliminate it.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Yeah that's great, the AP minimized it for me, but certainly didn't eliminate it.
    Are you running OTS map? Maybe speak to Ray see if he thinks he can eliminate? You have a different OTS map then mine because you have much more mods then i do, The best part of Etune is that its suited to your car and not just a generic map.

8. Default

Added link to VD results in OP

Awesome. Glad you got what you wanted out of it

I loved the learning curve I got with e-tuning. Def learnt a lot about my car

VD looks good! The power come on sooner, hits harder and holds longer, what more do you want

Looks good.. How good is ray at getting revisions back! He sleeps with laptop on with one eye open doing revisions I sware