User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine noise

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I'd rather pay Mazda to the work, and/or diagnose the issue than iirps (aka the company who shall not be named)

we've seen what iirps built engines are capable of...
    I can sense some sort of hate towards them...mate Mazda hurts...I might take it there to diagnose the issue but dont know if I will take it there to get fixed.
    I want to see what other options I have

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    I can sense some sort of hate towards them...mate Mazda hurts...I might take it there to diagnose the issue but dont know if I will take it there to get fixed.
    I want to see what other options I have
    Thing is, get the vvt/timing chain replacement wrong, your whole engine is f*cked. I'm talking you could blow up the first time you go WOT sort of f*cked... Picking someone that knows what they're doing is more important than how much it costs...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Thing is, get the vvt/timing chain replacement wrong, your whole engine is f*cked. I'm talking you could blow up the first time you go WOT sort of f*cked... Picking someone that knows what they're doing is more important than how much it costs...
    Its true and I agree with you but I want to see what options I have.
    I know that Mazda will charge at around $1500. I am keen to see what mps2nv has to say as well and of course I will ask for warranty to whoever fixes it

Just as long you don't take it to MPSG***ge. For the love of your car -don't

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Just as long you don't take it to MPSG***ge. For the love of your car -don't
    No I wont take it there.

Mitch is good and experienced.
    If you want warranty, then your only option is Mazda. They are trained in the querks of the MPS engine. Others think they are, but we see time and time again, they aren't.

The other company who we do not mention, will tell you over and over again, we are wrong, they are right they have done plenty of rebuilds, no problems, blah blah blah.
    But would you trust a company that can't even fit a cold air intake properly to do that level of work?

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Mitch is good and experienced.
    If you want warranty, then your only option is Mazda. They are trained in the querks of the MPS engine. Others think they are, but we see time and time again, they aren't.

The other company who we do not mention, will tell you over and over again, we are wrong, they are right they have done plenty of rebuilds, no problems, blah blah blah.
    But would you trust a company that can't even fit a cold air intake properly to do that level of work?
    Are that bad?!?

HEY
    IIRPS built my motor! And that's going strong 35,000kms later!

But seriously don't take it there, I consider myself one of the lucky ones in this long history, and even still i wouldn't go back there just on customer service alone.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    HEY
    IIRPS built my motor! And that's going strong 35,000kms later!

But seriously don't take it there, I consider myself one of the lucky ones in this long history, and even still i wouldn't go back there just on customer service alone.
    And isn't your ignition timing chain not set properly?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

And isn't your ignition timing chain not set properly?
    Nah it's fine, i checked it a couple weeks ago, surprisingly it's actually spot on to the tooth!

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Nah it's fine, i checked it a couple weeks ago, surprisingly it's actually spot on to the tooth!
    Having the crank pulley aligned with sensor does not mean the static camshaft timing is correct... Just saying lol
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Default Engine noise

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Having the crank pulley aligned with sensor does not mean the static camshaft timing is correct... Just saying lol
    Ok ok enough jokes lol over 150 4th gear WOT logs and timing is perfectly aligned within power levels (over 9000)
    She's alright !

VVT replacement kit is ordered…edgeautosport made me a very good deal for the VVT kit, fuel pump internals and access port V3.All up were $1400 US including postage to AU…I believe its a good price.
    Now another "issue" that I ve noticed. I was installing the new intercooler and I ve noticed oil in the turbocharger as I was replacing the 75(?) degree silicon hose which is on the turbo. Also the butterfly intake was a bit black from oil residue...Doesn't sound good does it?
    Last edited by jnin; 28-10-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12