User Tag List

Thread: New Meguiar's Promo @ ZAS

Default New Meguiar's Promo @ ZAS

The guys at Meguiar's have upped the anti on our latest Meguiar's promo. Purchase $60 of Meguiar's gear and receive a free expanding trunk organiser. I must say I'm pretty impressed with it myself and will be snatching one for my boot!

2. Default

what meguiars gear would u recommend Joel

what job you looking at doing?

One of their new products just released that is very popular is Ultimate Quick Detailer

If you are into paint correction their new Soft Buff 2.0 foam pads are awesome Soft Buff 2.0 pads

And then also for paint correction is the M105 and M205 compound and finishing polish. They also have some very good value for money car wash products, wheel cleaners, glass cleaners. A nice looking spoke/slot brush which is handy with MPS wheels being such a pain to clean behind...the Meguiar's G220 Dual Action buffing machine is the best value machine you can buy that actually does a good job at swirl removal...

Also their lambswool wash mitt has always been a popular item too.

4. Default

I've found Meguiar's Tech Wax 2 to be better than the Banana Gloss. Its also a great product!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    I've found Meguiar's Tech Wax 2 to be better than the Banana Gloss. Its also a great product!
    When you say better do you mean better at filling swirls, or more durable? Banana Gloss is definately not our most durable product but for its purpose of hiding imperfections I don't think anything comes close to it.

I have also heard good things about the Tech Wax 2.0. I haven't tested it myself, but the durability might be exceptional as it isn't actually a carnauba wax product. It is a synthetic product.

Joel - would you be able to put a pack work $60 together for members? I guess there are probably 2 or 3 different sets of requirements out there...

I just need a basic pack for the weekly wash and occassional wax when i get the time!

Any advice would be appreciated

Hi EQ. Do you mean a pack of Meguiar's products worth $60 re. this giveaway?

Let me know and I will get one together.

Hi Joel,

Yeah mate, something for the not-to-obsessed/dont have too much time folk...a kind of starter pack for our cars (most of our cars are 3 years old and under and generally looked after) and yes...always a sucker for a freebie!

Ta

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    When you say better do you mean better at filling swirls, or more durable? Banana Gloss is definately not our most durable product but for its purpose of hiding imperfections I don't think anything comes close to it.

I have also heard good things about the Tech Wax 2.0. I haven't tested it myself, but the durability might be exceptional as it isn't actually a carnauba wax product. It is a synthetic product.
    I trialled the Tech Wax 2.0 before getting the banana gloss, and it did a great job filling the swirls. I did 2 coats in around 1 hr in the shade on the 3MPS (cosmic blue). One thing that really impressed me is the water beading, and when i throw a towel over the bonnet it just slides off. I did 2 coats of the Banana gloss on the misses Neo Metro Grey, and it also did a good job, but the beading not so great, and the towel was still gripping to the bonnet.

I found the colour richness of the banana gloss to be better than the Tech Wax, but after 5 washes now of both cars, the beading is still with the Tech Wax, and the banana gloss seems to have rubbed off. Maybe with a sealer it would be more durable....

I love both products, but prefer the meg's tech wax 2.0

Thanks Wardski,

That is a great review. I am surprised that the tech wax filled as well as the BG, but not surprised the BG didn't last as long. Banana Gloss really is just a beauty product. Designed to make the car look good and offers minimal protection in comparison to other products like Prima Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    I trialled the Tech Wax 2.0 before getting the banana gloss, and it did a great job filling the swirls. I did 2 coats in around 1 hr in the shade on the 3MPS (cosmic blue). One thing that really impressed me is the water beading, and when i throw a towel over the bonnet it just slides off. I did 2 coats of the Banana gloss on the misses Neo Metro Grey, and it also did a good job, but the beading not so great, and the towel was still gripping to the bonnet.

I found the colour richness of the banana gloss to be better than the Tech Wax, but after 5 washes now of both cars, the beading is still with the Tech Wax, and the banana gloss seems to have rubbed off. Maybe with a sealer it would be more durable....
    I love both products, but prefer the meg's tech wax 2.0

OCW FTW

OCW dosnt fill though

I know but it seals great...is what i meant