User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Round 1!

Highflow ftw lol

Oh 271 Lol. Whoops.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Does she hold traction in 2nd with the added restrictions in place?
    good work @Rayd numbers look good
    Not fully.. Listen to the video, I take off slow in 1st gear, go into 2nd and jump on it around half way through 2nd and it squeals a bit but far less than it used to.
    Then listen to the video again just for fun Haha

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

So I have started my E85 tune recently.

It's still in the works, but thought I may as well update this thread rather than start another with my info about it.

I started with a 25% mix of E85

Took the first log with a mate in the car as well on a 30 degree day, so the odds were set against me numbers wise

(Little bit of 5th gear pull on the end of there too)

So afr's were lower than would have liked but this was expected as it was a base for the tune.

Log 0.2

Ambient Temperature: 30c
    60-100mph: 5.66s

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

So the next map was the one which Ray said "i've given your map a real overhaul in this one."

Them's the words I like to hear

Starting to feel like a bit of a monster on this one, and of that spool! :O Felt awesome, but completely impractical for acceleration in the lower gears, making them a full blown wheel spin party.

So again this log was taken in the heat, but with the changes to timing and spool, this really felt like a step up.

Log 0.3

Ambient Temperature: 27c
    60-100mph: 5.019s

Luks great man did you get meth tune yet?

This third map again was an exciting one. This time some curve smoothing of boost and AFRs, as well a more timing.

Boost was also tamed down to help with wheel spin in the lower gears.

With the taming of boost, as well as a 31degree run, plus heatsoak before the run (waiting for a gap in traffic) this log really didn't feel like an increase, but in terms of power delivery, overall it felt smoother than previous logs.

Log 0.4

Ambient Temperature: 31c
    60-100mph: 5.305s

Quote Originally Posted by Harry LuvzDrift View Post
    Luks great man did you get meth tune yet?
    I did 1 revision of meth tune, and had a problem with the controller or something. I lost a lot of meth and car started running uber crappy (pretty sure it was all just injected into the intercooler pipe) and the red light on my controller started flashing, something which i've contacted devils own and they say is not possible in their circuitry to happen so have yet to figure all that out.

So I have recently moved to brisbane, and there is now an E85 petrol station less than 10 minutes from my work and house so the convenience of that over rules. Plan is to have E85 tune, and water injection for cooling. That way I get the power as well as the cooling, and then the potential for extra power if I decide to put some meth in the tank as well. Just have to get it all fixed and working again!

Ye don't wanna take risk with meth lol or nek minut hydro lock . This is why e85 seems to be safer choice. If devil own not replacing controller try to contact edge that's how I got my boost switch replaced for free . E85 with water cooling seems a Gud idea though.

the next revision then started to show another jump in power.

Little adjustment in the tune, and a colder run and started pulling some better numbers. This log was with the missus and even she was commenting on how smooth the acceleration was. +1 for good tuning @Rayd!

Log 0.5 (With passenger)

Ambient Temperature: 21c
    60-100mph: 5.14s

So I think at the moment this is a sub 5 second 60-100mph car, I just didn't get a chance to take a 4th wot log on my own.

Now that i've moved to Brisbane, I'm really not too confident in doing 4th WOT logs anymore, I think it will be reduced to 3rd gear pulls, so will be some time before I can get a figure for 60-100mph (which is disappointing as this is how i've been trying to track my progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry LuvzDrift View Post
    Ye don't wanna take risk with meth lol or nek minut hydro lock . This is why e85 seems to be safer choice. If devil own not replacing controller try to contact edge that's how I got my boost switch replaced for free . E85 with water cooling seems a Gud idea though.
    Doubt that's possible, I bought the kit of @MattMPS3 off here so can't try get a replacement from edge like that! lol.

But yes I do like the idea of E85 with water cooling, kinda the best of both worlds.

So now after log 0.5, I have upped the meth to a very precise 33.33333333% mix.
    Will tune this, and then I will consider my meth tune done! Really not sure what numbers to hope for with it, maybe a 4.90s 60-100mph or something, I'll see!

Default Tuning Round 1!

Do 40-80mph times

Make sure you calculate from the first 40mph you see on the graph to the first 80mph

If you do it from the last 40mph to the first 80mph, you're gonna get a skewed time

It's not going to be skewed, it's just off because the ap can't log fast enough. The first 40 might be less than 40 and the last 40 be faster... Perhaps if I just logged speed it would log faster. What gear? 4th? What time do you think I should expect? @slixx

The first 40 would be 40+ not less

Your 60-100mph is much quicker than I ever seen. But id put it down to freak turbo, light wheels than skwed figures

When logging 3rd I measure the 40-80mph which would indicate its improvment

Do you know ur 80-120kmph times? This is what I'm interested in cause these things when released had heaps of hype about the 80-120kmph times but everyone only seems to talk 60-100mph which I don't understand the importance of, being in Australia and all.

Im gonna log mine tonight just outta interest.

50mph - 80kph
    75mph - 120kph

Should be able to do this in 3rd

Not comparable to gen2 though I wouldn't think.. I'm running out of puff and well past peak power at 120 in 3rd compared to gen2 because of gearing... I'll do it though.
    Ok @Rob777 I'll be able to calculate that off the 40-80mph log as well.
    I like 60-100mph for the same reason you like 80-120kmh, but I prefer 60-100mph because it's more exciting if you've got somewhere to do it without the fear of getting caught if you get what I mean? 80-120 doesn't last very long... :/

So last night I snuck a 4th gear pull in, but don't think the numbers are totally accurate. The road appears flat, didn't even think there was a slight inclination in either direction, but ran a 4.7 something 60-100mph... :O

My turbo is keeping psi all the way to 6500rpm. Peaks at 20psi and only drop to about 19 @ 6500

Only prob is all it's doing it pushing hot air so have to drop the psi to up timing

I think I need meth

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    The first 40 would be 40+ not less

Your 60-100mph is much quicker than I ever seen. But id put it down to freak turbo, light wheels than skwed figures

When logging 3rd I measure the 40-80mph which would indicate its improvment
    Yes because I always like to log in 4th hence 60-100mph. I also don't want to compare 3rd and 4th pulls in vd because that's just another inaccuracy to throw into the mix...
    If there are 2 40's then they both as unlikely to be actually 40, but If there's 1, then it's more likely to be more accurate. Thoughts @Rayd?

Also perhaps not freak turbo, flow numbers have gone down to like 265 now after fixing that leak a couple months ago. I'm attributing it more to wheels perhaps...

The 40-80mph time would be used to compare 3rd gear pulls so you have a reference

I'm just saying it will be more accuse to use the first 40 (or 60mph) then last 40 (or 60mph) as this is how it is done everywhere else

The difference would only be minimal, but for accuracy sake it's the best we can do

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast