User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning Round 1!

Seriously impressive 60-100 times!!

Yes there does seem to be a bit of variation with the air flow and I can't pin point it either. I'll make up a table and see if there's any correlation..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry LuvzDrift View Post
    Seriously highflowed lol dats some really Gud numbers. I ran 5.1 on my E85 tune lol
    You'll get better results when u replace your turbo. Guessing its tired

So I did a bit of a comparison with airflow to BAT's, amb temp and power.
    As can be seen, bats nicely follow the temp, but there appears to be no correlation from temp to airflow.

Also decided to do one of these.
    All with the correct tyre sizes and significantly REDUCED weight.

Also a comparison of times. Revision 0.0 is the OTS stage 2 map:

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

think i know what's partially to blame for the quick 60-100mph time
    245/40/17 has 3.5% smaller diameter than stock tires (link) 7cm per 2m might not seem like much, but it'll make a difference...
    still, car is moving out, glad to see you're enjoying the process!
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Nice work guys. Looks like you got a Monday build.

Go easy on the alcam comments, bit of an insult!
    'there is only one alcam alcam, there's only one alcam alcaaaaam '

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    think i know what's partially to blame for the quick 60-100mph time
    245/40/17 has 3.5% smaller diameter than stock tires (link) 7cm per 2m might not seem like much, but it'll make a difference...
    still, car is moving out, glad to see you're enjoying the process!

It means that my 60-100 time is between the 62-103 values in the log.
    This is 5.44s for the latest run

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    It means that my 60-100 time is between the 62-103 values in the log.
    This is 5.44s for the latest run
    Still damn fast whatever way you look at it
    Wasn't trying to discredit you etc, just seemed a little too good to be true
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Still damn fast whatever way you look at it
    Wasn't trying to discredit you etc, just seemed a little too good to be true
    I know. I'm wanting to make sure I have my facts straight too
    Out of interest, im' assuming you have stock size tyres?

Morale of the story. Steal Gibba's wheels!!

Top results champ!!

Are sure you're not tuning a virtual car?

FORZA?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Are sure you're not tuning a virtual car?

FORZA?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah sure haha, AP connected to the computer and taking 4th gear WOT's in forza

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Morale of the story. Steal Gibba's wheels!!

Top results champ!!
    Lol I think so!

Really would like for me and someone else to do at log each, then swap rims, both do another log right away, and see what happens.
    Looking for volunteers!

Hard to get up there at WOT times (late night) otherwise I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Hard to get up there at WOT times (late night) otherwise I would.
    How late are you thinking? Doesn't have to really be late, just both have to do it at the same time on the same road. That way, despite whatever conditions, they are the same for both of us.
    You got ap to log?

How late are you thinking? Doesn't have to really be late, just both have to do it at the same time on the same road. That way, despite whatever conditions, they are the same for both of us.
    You got ap to log?
    Nah don't have ap yet.. Thought I'd just give u my wheels and u can do a wot on them. Possibly Thursday night I can head up but will have to confirm tomorrow otherwise next weekend would be my next opportunity to help out?

why not friday then come to our meet? if i were you i'd be going to the sydney meet on thursday anyway lol.

18. Default

why not friday then come to our meet? if i were you i'd be going to the sydney meet on thursday anyway lol.
    You should go the ACT crusise this Sunday, a few private roads to compare others with, i have to time mine with a calender lol, your 4th gear log shows rpms per speed is not much more than a gen 2 in 3rd gear so it is plausible.
    Last edited by shaneski; 16-10-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    You should go the ACT crusise this Sunday, a few private roads to compare others with, i have to time mine with a calender lol, your 4th gear log shows rpms per speed is not much more than a gen 2 in 3rd gear so it is plausible.
    I'd love to go to every meet I could!

3rd is longer in the gen2 though is it not?

3rd seems to top out around 125km/h
    4th is around 168km/h
    5th I don't want to publish

Here is a 3rd gear WOT I did yesterday. Was 22c so I guess moderate temperature, by no means a cold run.

I believe 80-120km/h is the power comparison used here, I did that in 2.5s Not sure what the going times for that are though... ? You know?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GibbA; 16-10-2013 at 09:32 PM.

20. Default

I'd love to go to every meet I could!

3rd is longer in the gen2 though is it not?

3rd seems to top out around 125km/h
    4th is around 168km/h
    5th I don't want to publish

Here is a 3rd gear WOT I did yesterday. Was 22c so I guess moderate temperature, by no means a cold run.

I believe 80-120km/h is the power comparison used here, I did that in 2.5s Not sure what the going times for that are though... ? You know?
    Gen 2 uses longer ratio in all gears, yours being gen 1 with smaller tyres you are close to 3rd gear, at 80kph in 3rd im around 3000rpm mine is, yours is a quite a bit more
    i gather
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast