User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning Round 1!

1. Default

5.39 secs for 60-100 with around 200kw, i'm not a sceptic much but thats more the times a big turbo pushing 260kw plus would be looking for, unless 17 inch rims do work magic for acceleration. if it is all accurate that's a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    5.39 secs for 60-100 with around 200kw, i'm not a sceptic much but thats more the times a big turbo pushing 260kw plus would be looking for, unless 17 inch rims do work magic for acceleration. if it is all accurate that's a beast.
    One way to find out, someone near @GibbA swap wheels for a night and do a WOT pull

Someone who can log as well, otherwise I'd get @Furrymeatball to do it, doubt I'd get the rims back though. Actually I doubt anyone would give them back!
    I'll see if I can video the speedo for you... I can post the log if you want @shaneski.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

I ran 6.2 with enkeis but 5.4 I don't know. #highflow ftw

18" Enkei?

Well I believe I have the same rims papasmurf runs on msf (can you confirm that @SarcasticOne, you know a lot of what happens there) and he's one of the big power boys over there, so obviously the wheel of choice.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

Yes 18inch enkeis rpf1

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    One way to find out, someone near @GibbA swap wheels for a night and do a WOT pull
    Or he can buy my 18s stock wheels in the for sale section lol
    If it was 3 tenths etc quicker time fair enough, but near a second quicker thats massive which would require another 60 to 100hp. Over a quarter mile the diffrence a second makes is usually around 10 car lengths...that with a 12 to 13 sec car
    Last edited by shaneski; 15-10-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    ... doubt I'd get the rims back though. Actually I doubt anyone would give them back!
    Tooting your own horn here a little haha, they're only RFP01's - only the most common aftermarket wheel ever on MPS/Evo/WRX

Getting some interesting numbers though! Subbing curiously, to see what sort of results Ray can push for you!
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

9. Default

Our speedos are way off with standard wheels they read 7kmh quicker not sure if your wheel size is playing funny buggers being 17s , you would need to use a gps to see the close to real speed, i'm not doubting RAYD at all as i intend to get him to tune my car when i get the GTX turbo installed and go AP.

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Tooting your own horn here a little haha, they're only RFP01's - only the most common aftermarket wheel ever on MPS/Evo/WRX

Getting some interesting numbers though! Subbing curiously, to see what sort of results Ray can push for you!
    Not tooting my horn! I hate the stock horn!
    Yes I get what you mean. I know they're only RPF1's, I think there are several better wheels out there in terms of looks, but we're only analysing them in terms of performance. I don't care how stanced (or not) they are really, only if they're making me go faster, and it seems like they are.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Our speedos are way off with standard wheels they read 7kmh quicker not sure if your wheel size is playing funny buggers being 17s , you would need to use a gps to see the close to real speed, i'm not doubting RAYD at all as i intend to get him to tune my car when i get the GTX turbo installed and go AP.
    Yes this certainly has validity to it, and could be a factor. That said, this is minimized by the fact that despite the speedo being out at 60mph, it's still out at 100mph. Now I know it's not out by the same amount, at the 2 speeds, but it certainly does reduce that error.
    I'm as amazed as all you guys, but i'm just reading the numbers my AP is telling me after I push that logging button

New log just now, will post in a sec though nothing impressive
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Hehe
    Relax. We are all just very impressed by the numbers

Last time some one said they had a stock turbo and was pulling decent numbers was alcam
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/164937357037839/

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Hehe
    Relax. We are all just very impressed by the numbers

Last time some one said they had a stock turbo and was pulling decent numbers was alcam
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/164937357037839/
    Link fail....

I can assure you though, I am not like Alcam. And if I am, please tell me haha.

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

New log.

Flashed revision 0.5 this afternoon.

gear restrictions need a bit more tweaking, ie more restriction up top and less down low for second. To hell with first lol.
    Did a few logs tonight, a 4th gear WOT and 4th 5th wot. Got some weird knock happening in the 4th 5th log, during 4th gear, but disappeared and continued to pull strongly the whole way through.
    I video'd the speedo for this log, though the 4th WOT actually had a faster 60-100 time of 5.55s (bit of heatsoak)

Ray also wanted a heat soaked 4th WOT log, and after waiting for BATs to bit 140+, I logged and everything was fine

Here is the graph of my 4th WOT log on revision 0.5:

Can see it sitting around the 200kw mark, with a small increase in torque this time.

Here is said video:

Revision 0.5:

Ambient temperature = 16c
    60-100mph = 5.55s

For the flow freaks interested @SarcasticOne, @ledfootrob, i've attached my 4th gear WOT log for you. I'll point you to cell N93 where I recorded 320.54g/s
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice GibbA. Got a bit of a freak there
    I know it's not your cuppa tea, but would love to see ur 1/4 mile time.

Awesome

And top job to HPF !!!

Just did new log, improved 60-100 time

Ok things have taken another turn for the... Better? Turned more interesting.

This time ray decided to keep boost a little longer before tapering down at redline.
    Because most of my logs have generally been moderate to warm ambient temps, I decided to do a slightly cooler one.

Here is the VD graph of the log. I have laid the previous revision log over the top (taken in 6 degrees warmer weather) to see the difference with boost.
    Correct tyre size is used, same weight, exact same position on the same bit of road. No wind either time. These 2 logs are as similar as you can get:

The added boost and cooler temp really stretched the torque band, feeling really strong most of the way through the pull now.
    3rd gear is now surging very strongly, and feeling like 2nd gear did after the first couple revisions. 2nd gear and 1st gear again require a stricter restraining order

Doing the calcs on this log yielded another surprise. Faster 60-100 again.

4th gear WOT on revision 0.6:

Ambient temperature = 10c
    60-100mph = 5.14s

Before anyone (@SarcasticOne) asks, here's the log.

For any interested but don't like to read the logs, there was ZERO knock through the whole log.
    Will be doing a HOT log before any more increases are made.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GibbA; 15-10-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Seriously highflowed lol dats some really Gud numbers. I ran 5.1 on my E85 tune lol

Curious to know if any calibration changes were made in the latest revision. Flow in 0.7 is down a fair amount from what it was in 0.6 even though BATs and IATs were cooler; this is contrary to what I would expect unless calibration changes were made.

Default Tuning Round 1!

Quote Originally Posted by RacerMike View Post
    Curious to know if any calibration changes were made in the latest revision. Flow in 0.7 is down a fair amount from what it was in 0.6 even though BATs and IATs were cooler; this is contrary to what I would expect unless calibration changes were made.
    No changes to MAF cal after 3.2V at all, hitting exact AFR targets up top in both 0.7 and 0.6 flow is accurate as far as I can tell!
    Strange that its fluctuating like this ; i put it down to super K04 lol
    Regardless; some pretty impressive flow numbers!
    Last edited by Rayd; 16-10-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast