User Tag List

Thread: Map box GPS option - Has any one got this?

1. Default Map box GPS option - Has any one got this?

Hey guys,

I'm looking into some GPS options for my MPS6 after the motor broke in my holy grail. I came across this which seems to be pretty decent (Albeit the cheap looking buttons). Has anyone got one or know of someone that does? If so, how are they?

Navi Mazda 6, GPS-Navigationssystem für Mazda 6, Audio-Navigationssystem für Mazda 6 - YouTube

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old-Mazda-6-DVD-GPS-CAN-Bus-DVB-T.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	15303

The picture looks pretty average, but the video makes it look much better.

Cheers,
    Rob

Got a link to the product?

I got some replacement parts, gears etc, when my holy grail stopped closing properly. Maybe give that a go

3. Default

Sure do - Auto Radio DVD Player with GPS Navigation for Mazda 6 (2003-2008)

I requested gears from them but they never sent. I tried to get in contact but never receive a reply

There are multiple options for DVD/GPS.
    I prefer replacement of the whole front fascia, most of them are newer OS revisions with better specs.
    Mazda 6 Navigation Multimedia System With 7" DVD Ipod Bluetooth Radio PRE 2008 | eBay This is one of the better ones Ive found. Mine is basically the same.
    *it does support bose with some simple wiring modification.

Default Map box GPS option - Has any one got this?

If you are not worried about the pop up screen and DVD/DTV etc I'm pretty happy with my solution... (See pics/how to).

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/car-a...ps-mounts.html

I finished up with a Grom box from cushie audio which works great for my iPod and Bluetooth hands free.

Assuming you still have the original map box of course!

Tims

6. Default

I wouldn't mind a fascia replacement, but I need it to match in with the grey brushed titanium interior style (which none do), but also for a climate control model. I really want to keep a 'stock' look and I don't mind having the map box removed hence why I found this. That said, I'm not set on getting the one I mentioned.

There are so many options out there!

You kinda get used to the black finish, have never seen one that matches the stock, i wish. They work with climate control dials btw