User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS FMIC piping

Hi guys
    Here are some pictures of the intercooler, piping and silicon hoses...All good although I ve seen better quality silicon hoses...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0278.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	15311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0279.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	15312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	15313   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0281.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	15314  

Take a squiz inside the cooler, and see if the welds inside hang down like little stalactites... The cooler doesn't look too bad, but sometimes with cheap china welds they blow a lot of slag through the other side where you can't see it. I attack them with a file before bolting parts to the car, because you don't want little flakes of weld snapping off and going through your turbo.

I'm planning on getting one of these for my 6:
    464x154x90mm Intercooler Core

It's a same-side entry design, so I can run the piping down the left side of the car, through where the airbox resonator used to be. Battery is in the boot, so I've got acres of space to play with.
    MPS6

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Take a squiz inside the cooler, and see if the welds inside hang down like little stalactites... The cooler doesn't look too bad, but sometimes with cheap china welds they blow a lot of slag through the other side where you can't see it. I attack them with a file before bolting parts to the car, because you don't want little flakes of weld snapping off and going through your turbo.

I'm planning on getting one of these for my 6:
    464x154x90mm Intercooler Core

It's a same-side entry design, so I can run the piping down the left side of the car, through where the airbox resonator used to be. Battery is in the boot, so I've got acres of space to play with.
    Interesting...I will have a look and let you know if I find any and yes it looks very decent for the price I got it. The only thing I have to do now is to find a flange for the stock BOV

Yours is not bad at all. Looks like an interesting project. Something different and the cooler is cheap as chips! I am very interested to see some pictures when you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Interesting...I will have a look and let you know if I find any and yes it looks very decent for the price I got it. The only thing I have to do now is to find a flange for the stock BOV

Yours is not bad at all. Looks like an interesting project. Something different and the cooler is cheap as chips! I am very interested to see some pictures when you do it.
    And when you put it all together to a boost leak test as well

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

How can you test that?

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    How can you test that?
    You can make your own tester but I CBF and this looked better then anything I would have done

turboboostleaktesters.com

Not bad and 50 dollars including shipping is not much but I am running on a tight budget...It doesnt matter if it doesnt look good what you made. As long as it works and its reliable is good enough.

I didn't make one I got one from the website I linked, there are other options around if you want something a bit cheaper. I liked how that one looked with the gauge and extended valve

You could make one for $20 using pvc pipe etc from a hardware store

Yes the idea is very simple and you can source the parts very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Not the case... Still would be a bad scenario with flakes going through your engine, but the air is cooled after the turbo..

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    You can make your own tester but I CBF and this looked better then anything I would have done

turboboostleaktesters.com
    Might hit up this site, been needing one of these. Thanks!
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Just make one... all u need is silicone hose, a male fitting for air hose, pvc cap an arildite. .. oh and hose clamp

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Thats a very nice guide!

Alright! I did some research and did a few "preparations" until the new BOV and the BOV flange arrives.
    Just to let you know it requires a lot of work and effort. I had to remove the crash bar cut it and then bolt it back on to avoid accidentally hitting the a/c condenser (had a close one when the angle grinder's disc stuck at the crash bar, turned my hand and hit the condenser. Its in 7th picture). Then I had to cut the plastic bit which is just above the bumper lip (pictures 9 and 10). That was only to fit the intercooler. I need to fix the brackets and cut some holes on the grill which is going to be a pain and still I dont know how am I going to fit the pipes but looks like I will need to do some more cutting if I dont want to relocate the window screen washer bottle.
    Maybe I do it next weekend.
    Here is some pictures

Name:	IMG_0290.JPG 
Views:	319 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	15319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0291.JPG 
Views:	238 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	15320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0292.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	15321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0293.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	15322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0294.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	15323  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0295.JPG 
Views:	248 
ID:	15324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0296.JPG 
Views:	225 
ID:	15325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0297.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	15326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0298.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	15327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0299.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	15328  

Last edited by jnin; 13-10-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Just finished with installing the intercooler. Big job and time consuming...I ve noticed that when the car is rolling in neutral RPMs are around 1500 and goes to normal when the car comes to full stop…Is this normal?

Hi guys here are some pictures of the pipework...Let me know what do you think. I will post some pictures of the intercooler as well this weekend

Name:	IMG_0307.JPG 
Views:	309 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	15433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0306.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	15432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0308.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	15434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0309.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	15435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0310.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	15436  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123