User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS FMIC piping

Default Mazda 6 MPS FMIC piping

Hi guys
    I am thinking of going FMIC and to save money I might go to buy a universal piping with a branded intercooler.Does anyone knows what kind of pipes will I need to do a conversion to FMIC? How many pipes, angle of bends and also diameter of the pipes. I am in between 2.5" and 3". My car is stock (except the CAI) at the moment but I will do more in the future.
    Thanks

2.5" would be the biggest you need...

With the piping it all depends on the route you want to take... I have 2.5" piping on my 6

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

There is a couple of good threads on 6club and msf that you could copy. Most if not all cut the crash bar if that matters to you

Most recent fad seems to be 2.25 inch hot side and 2.5 on the cold

The 2.25 hot side is just because it is such a bugger getting down past where the washer bottle was, it is super tight down there.
    I tried, have the hdi kit I think, brought a proper treadstone cooler, damn thing doesn't even come close to lining up on the cold side, will try and make it work one day...

I also dont trust the radiator to get enough cooling with a fmic in the way.

corksport:

CPE:

some unknown one:

or my favourites from bonkers MSF'ers

Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Thanks guys for your info...Sarcastic the last picture that you posted...Mate that MPS must be a monster...

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Thanks guys for your info...Sarcastic the last picture that you posted...Mate that MPS must be a monster...
    Last one is 550awhp the second last is 700awhp
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Last one is 550awhp the second last is 700awhp

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    There is a couple of good threads on 6club and msf that you could copy. Most if not all cut the crash bar if that matters to you

Most recent fad seems to be 2.25 inch hot side and 2.5 on the cold
    Yes there are some very good and cheap ideas but we dont live in US so shipping for the piping kit and all the other bits and pieces will cost the same as buying a branded one...

The best price that I have found is this one 2 5" Aluminum Piping KIT 31" BAR Plate Intercooler | eBay

Then get a BOV flange for another 30 bucks and use the stock BOV for now.

What do you think?

Yes there are some very good and cheap ideas but we dont live in US so shipping for the piping kit and all the other bits and pieces will cost the same as buying a branded one...

The best price that I have found is this one 2 5" Aluminum Piping KIT 31" BAR Plate Intercooler | eBay

Then get a BOV flange for another 30 bucks and use the stock BOV for now.

What do you think?
    Yeah we don't live in the USA but brand name kits are about a grand (cp-e) or $700 (corksport) and you still need to add shipping
    Not sure if the cooler on that kit is the best fit but not really sure on that

I got a cxracing pipe kit and cooler shipped via a TNT for less then $150 so shipping isn't all that bad, considering some of the MSF guides are for abvout $250 in parts then you would only be at $400 or bit over $450 if you got the reg cxracing kit from ebay

I went a bit custom as I want to try something up *hush hush lol* but I've total spent about $575 and I should have every thing I need shipped to my door
    Last edited by cletusb; 08-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Nice effort on the pics @SarcasticOne

The Corksport Ram Air intake gave me a little spasm under my left eye...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Nice effort on the pics @SarcasticOne

The Corksport Ram Air intake gave me a little spasm under my left eye...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    well, the last 2 are 2 of my most commonly checked threads atm (psychophyr and DJ) and the rest was me searching google images for "mazdaspeed6 FMIC"

Yeah we don't live in the USA but brand name kits are about a grand (cp-e) or $700 (corksport) and you still need to add shipping
    Not sure if the cooler on that kit is the best fit but not really sure on that

I got a cxracing pipe kit and cooler shipped via a TNT for less then $150 so shipping isn't all that bad, considering some of the MSF guides are for abvout $250 in parts then you would only be at $400 or bit over $450 if you got the reg cxracing kit from ebay

I went a bit custom as I want to try something up *hush hush lol* but I've total spent about $575 and I should have every thing I need shipped to my door

Shipping is a bit bad...The 2 threads that I found have some links on ebay. As soon as I change the shipping to Australia price skyrockets to almost the price of the kit.
    examples
    BOV 28x7x2 5 Intercooler 2 25" Turbo Piping Kit | eBay
    and
    Cxracing 28x7x2 5 Intercooler 2 25" Piping Kit Honda Acura Nissan | eBay
    I dont know about fitting but I dont think it will be much more different from the other branded FMIC as they state that some trimming and cutting will have to be done as well.
    About the $700 FMIC I dont think that its worth it. With that money you can get a COBB Accessport

I am keen though to see what you ve got and what do you mean when you say custom :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    well, the last 2 are 2 of my most commonly checked threads atm (psychophyr and DJ) and the rest was me searching google images for "mazdaspeed6 FMIC"
    Is that DJ and Psycho builds?
    I think your unknown one is a alterned customs which is pretty similar to the CXracing or the big mouths on 6club

Shipping is a bit bad...The 2 threads that I found have some links on ebay. As soon as I change the shipping to Australia price skyrockets to almost the price of the kit.
    examples
    BOV 28x7x2 5 Intercooler 2 25" Turbo Piping Kit | eBay
    and
    Cxracing 28x7x2 5 Intercooler 2 25" Piping Kit Honda Acura Nissan | eBay
    I dont know about fitting but I dont think it will be much more different from the other branded FMIC as they state that some trimming and cutting will have to be done as well.
    About the $700 FMIC I dont think that its worth it. With that money you can get a COBB Accessport

I am keen though to see what you ve got and what do you mean when you say custom :-)
    I'm pretty much using the cxracing piping, just looking at different cores without the need to cut up the crash bar... I'd prob be laughed at if I showed the core :P

You can get the cx racing kit for under $550 to your door on EBAY
    or you might save $50 if you use a forwarding company

I'm pretty much using the cxracing piping, just looking at different cores without the need to cut up the crash bar... I'd prob be laughed at if I showed the core :P

I habe cx racing fmic on my 6 but the piping route is shit house so I got troy to modify it for me...

~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    I habe cx racing fmic on my 6 but the piping route is shit house so I got troy to modify it for me...

I'd be interested in pics and details :-)

Thats another $220 from the kit that I ve found...Dont know will see as budget is very tight as I have planned a trip for next year plus my bloody 323 hasnt finished yet but thanks for sharing your opinion and I still want to see your setup. :-)

Thats another $220 from the kit that I ve found...Dont know will see as budget is very tight as I have planned a trip for next year plus my bloody 323 hasnt finished yet but thanks for sharing your opinion and I still want to see your setup. :-)
    Yeah don't get me wrong considerable savings can be made buy going the diy route. I just couldn't be arsed to be honest lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast