User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS FMIC piping

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    I'd be interested in pics and details :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381275022624.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	15305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381275046593.jpg 
Views:	779 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	15306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381275077214.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	15307  

Oh yeah that's cool keeping the washer bottle.
    Do you have 2.5 inch piping?
    And did you need extra couplers or pipe?

I'd like to set it up kinda the same so more details the better

I like that way of routing it, I may have to re-attack mine. Did you have any issues coming up around the other side? Mine despite my efforts is miles off meeting (like 2-3 inches off).

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Mate thats ideal! Please give us more details about the pipping

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    Oh yeah that's cool keeping the washer bottle.
    Do you have 2.5 inch piping?
    And did you need extra couplers or pipe?

I'd like to set it up kinda the same so more details the better
    Yeah i have 2.5" piping... no didnt need anything extra.. but i just bought some worm clamps coz im not a fan of the t style clamps.. no extra piping
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Mate thats ideal! Please give us more details about the pipping
    the piping is from the cx racing kit that i purchesed... cant fault it it is as good and any other.. welds are good... the only shit thing is there routing is gay thats why i changed it..
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    I like that way of routing it, I may have to re-attack mine. Did you have any issues coming up around the other side? Mine despite my efforts is miles off meeting (like 2-3 inches off).
    Nah no issues i cut a descent hole in the some hard black plastic which helped it sit better..

@auscer, im interested in swapping to fmic.. do you have a link where you got the kit? are you using the supplied core? I was thinking of getting piping kit then a tr8l core or something similar seems to be the go...
    how much room do you have around SRI? Im assuming an airbox will no longer fit from the fmic piping...
    Do you know what troy did to modify? any cuts/welds needed? one more thing, how close is the left pipe to the horn bracket? I have an oil catch can mounted on the horn bracket so it might be in the way cheers
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    @auscer, im interested in swapping to fmic.. do you have a link where you got the kit? are you using the supplied core? I was thinking of getting piping kit then a tr8l core or something similar seems to be the go...
    how much room do you have around SRI? Im assuming an airbox will no longer fit from the fmic piping...
    Do you know what troy did to modify? any cuts/welds needed? cheers
    Just got it from cx racing web site... have no issues with the core that came with it couldnt do 3rd wot logs when getting e tuned coz it cooled the bats down to quick... just cuts thats it and put a new lip on the pip where he cut it.... plenty of room for a air box I would say...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381288931659.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	15308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381288969909.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	15309  

Are there 4 clamps on your throttle body connection? !!

@dazza And the piping is miles away from the horn bracket

sorry to keep asking questions, (but it is a good opportunity to drain you of information ) but do you notice any issues with coolant temperatures?

I am considering re-attacking mine (I assume some of the pipes had to be cut down for keeping the washer bottle?) when I get the time, the fact you made it work without buying extra pipework certainly encourages me to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Are there 4 clamps on your throttle body connection? !!
    There are 3 one clamp ****ed up but havent taken it off yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    sorry to keep asking questions, (but it is a good opportunity to drain you of information ) but do you notice any issues with coolant temperatures?

I am considering re-attacking mine (I assume some of the pipes had to be cut down for keeping the washer bottle?) when I get the time, the fact you made it work without buying extra pipework certainly encourages me to try again.
    I havent noticed any just the usual when stuck in traffic

Found another one kit cheaper
    Universal Intercooler 64mm 2 5 Inch Aluminium Piping KIT Honda Toyota Mazda | eBay
    He agreed for $250 pick up from his supplier which is in 444 Hume Highway...I believe its worth it unless its poor quality. I will go there tomorrow have a look if its good I will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Found another one kit cheaper
    Universal Intercooler 64mm 2 5 Inch Aluminium Piping KIT Honda Toyota Mazda | eBay
    He agreed for $250 pick up from his supplier which is in 444 Hume Highway...I believe its worth it unless its poor quality. I will go there tomorrow have a look if its good I will buy it.
    That core is massive will have to cut crash bar to fit it

That core is massive will have to cut crash bar to fit it

Whats the recommended core dimensions? I dont want to have lag or problems in fitting it

22 x 7 x 2.5... that size core is good for 400 hp

With the 7" high you still need to trim some plastic from reading the MSF threads

22" core or 28" total length is the norm too

Thanks guys
    I just got it. Looks very good and the guys there are very friendly. They told me that this size is pretty much standard and I shouldn't have any issues with lag. I can exchange it if its too big. I can post some pictures later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast