User Tag List

Thread: 2013 Aluminium MPS

1. Default 2013 Aluminium MPS

Hey guys! Bought my MPS 4 months ago, and after the dealer screwed up it will finally be arriving next week. =D Have already got a COBB TIP & SRI ready to go along with an AP3, I have read about the issues with the high pressure fuel pumps however. When I monitor my fuel pressure should it just be the one time after I fit the intake or should I be checking it again at a later point as well? Going to have some fun playing around with the tune on this thing!

Should make it a semi often check, I try and do a WOT log every 2 weeks to make sure everything is as it should be

Awesome job on already reading up on everything

welcome mate!

4. Default

Welcome!

Welcome enjoy the new toy

Welcome mate.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Welcome, I also have a silver MPS 2013 spec. Was stock... slowly becoming less stock.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Should make it a semi often check, I try and do a WOT log every 2 weeks to make sure everything is as it should be
    I do WOT runs quite often... I sometimes forget to log them or should that be sometime remember to log them?
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

8. Default

So is it common for a gen 2 to max out the fuel pump with just an intake? =p

Quote Originally Posted by RotarySnail View Post
    Not really, but have seen it happen
    @Grumpy maxed his out with just a tune
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by RotarySnail View Post
    First off, welcome. As mentioned, I have maxed my fuel pump with just tuning. I wanted to see how far I can push the stock setup before any upgrades were required. I started to see dips in the fuel pressure when I reached about 190kw (VD figures), it dipped to 1200psi. In saying that, remember that I have turned up the boost and increased the timing quite a bit to achieve this. If you are going to run mild OTS maps then you could very well get away without FP upgrade.

My opinion on this would be that the FP upgrade should be your first.........
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Good advice. ^^
    Think of it as insurance for your engine.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Good advice. ^^
    Think of it as insurance for your engine.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4
    I reinforce this

my first mod purchase was a HPFP internal, TIP, RMM.
    while I was waiting for those parts to be delivered I bought myself a cobb APv2, flashed OTS stage 1.
    My fuel pressure was A OK!.

But the following week my parts arrived and i did the hpfp upgrade.
    Was just for my piece of mind and an "engine insurance" as well as for supporting future mods!

anyway... WELCOME!

13. Default

One other quick question guys. After disconnecting the battery, is there anything I need to do other than reset the clock?

Picking up the car this coming Wednesday the 23rd. =D

Not sure about gen 2, but gen 1 u need to reset the auto window

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

15. Default

Hey guys, can you have a look over my first datalog to see how the car is going? Car is using a stage 1 OTS 98RON + SF + TIH & disabled egr, also have a rear engine mount. Only concerns I have is my fuel pressure at the start of the run there, but should I be ignoring it due to throttle position not being at full? And also the fact my throttle position only gets up to 77%, I have seen much higher in other logs? Had one slight miss/hesitation on boost when driving home, could this be due to the stock spark plugs? Cheers. P.s sorry about the single paragraph, for some reason the enter button stops working when typing on here sometimes. :S https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing