User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the new guy

Default the new guy

Hey, another new member.

My names Dave, I'm on the Sunshine Coast I drive a black MPS3 Sports. It's a late 06 model, I bought it about 6 months ago with 18k on the clock.

I'm pretty sick of the stones chips that seem to be accumulately on the car, like I'm sure most of you are, apart from that I'm still loving the car.

I'm sure I'll meet some of you on a cruise in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by teamfletch1 View Post
    Hey, another new member.

My names Dave, I'm on the Sunshine Coast I drive a black MPS3 Sports. It's a late 06 model, I bought it about 6 months ago with 18k on the clock.

I'm pretty sick of the stones chips that seem to be accumulately on the car, like I'm sure most of you are, apart from that I'm still loving the car.

I'm sure I'll meet some of you on a cruise in the near future.

Another MPS for Team Black

Know about the stone chips well...but I just had my whole front end resprayed...so it looks like new.

Cruises....hmmm maybe you can attend the MPS Invitational

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post

Another MPS for Team Black

Know about the stone chips well...but I just had my whole front end resprayed...so it looks like new.

Cruises....hmmm maybe you can attend the MPS Invitational

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Love the black, just wish I loved cleaning it every second day aswell (not that i do)

I've considered respraying the front, but I was a bit worried about the colour mismatch, especially over time, i thought it might fade differently to the rest of the car, or is that just crazy talk?

Love the black, just wish I loved cleaning it every second day aswell (not that i do)

I've considered respraying the front, but I was a bit worried about the colour mismatch, especially over time, i thought it might fade differently to the rest of the car, or is that just crazy talk?
    Crazy Talk

My car was purchased in Jan 07...its a late 06 build.

I keep my car and paintwork in great condition...always washed, polished and waxed etc.

When I had the front resprayed, they did tell me that Aurora Blue was a hard colour to match....but the guys at BCM Moorooka who deal with Mazda repairs everyday knew what they were doing...and did an awesome job.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Crazy Talk

My car was purchased in Jan 07...its a late 06 build.

I keep my car and paintwork in great condition...always washed, polished and waxed etc.

When I had the front resprayed, they did tell me that Aurora Blue was a hard colour to match....but the guys at BCM Moorooka who deal with Mazda repairs everyday knew what they were doing...and did an awesome job.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Sweet, thats what I wanted to hear, might be a christmas present to myself

Blog Entries

Hi Dave and welcome!

Yes stone chips are a problem with any of the mazda colours- the paint is very soft but is pretty much the same as all other manufacturers who are not using a ceramic clear coat.

Nevermind Guest

I use to have a neo in aurora that had its bumper resprayed due to stone chips, didnt come up too bad.

If you do get it redone, just make sure you go with a well know smash repairer /spray painter.

Blog Entries

Welcome!

I hate the stonechips as well - but at least it means you're getting some use out of it

are after market ceramic clear coats an option?? or would that be big $$$

Blog Entries

I "think" that would require a complete respray and bake (being ceramic)...but really have no idea...anyone?

i'm just showing how little i really know asking silly questions like that haha

Blog Entries

Some info- a little old...

12/5/2003 11:24:19 AM
    Mercedes-Benz: World Premiere of its new nano-particle clearcoat

After four years of development work, an innovative new clear lacquer is set to go into series production at Mercedes-Benz at the end of 2003. Ground-breaking nano-technology ensures that the new product is substantially more scratch-resistant than conventional paint. The E, S, CL, SL and SLK-Class model series are the first cars in the world to be available with this new paint system, whilst customers of other Mercedes models can look forward to the increased scratch resistance of nano-paintwork from spring 2004. This new technology represents the Stuttgart-based car maker's latest significant contribution towards considerably enhancing the already exemplary long-term quality and value retention of its passenger cars. The newly developed clear lacquer, which contains microscopically small ceramic particles, hardens in the paintshop oven, forming an extensively cross-linked network. The paint is thus more effectively protected against scratches caused by mechanical car-washes, for example. The nano-particles provide a three-fold improvement in the scratch resistance of the paintwork and ensure visibly enhanced gloss over an extended period of time. Following extreme tests in a laboratory car-wash, Mercedes engineers noted an around 40-percent improvement in paint gloss compared to conventional clear lacquers. Mercedes-Benz carried out extensive testing on the nano-particle clearcoat both in the laboratory and under everyday conditions. Even after several years of use, the more than 150 test cars involved in the long-term testing programme displayed significantly greater scratch resistance and enhanced paint gloss compared to vehicles with conventional paintwork. Added to which, the newly developed paint system also meets the stringent Mercedes standards in terms of the protection it offers from chemicals in the environment. New nano-particle clearcoat will be introduced as standard for both metallic and non-metallic paint finishes.
    Quote:
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Blog Entries

i'm just showing how little i really know asking silly questions like that haha
    Not a silly question at all- we now know a bit more about ceramic clear coats and how they work.
    Last edited by shinslinger66; 23-11-2008 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote:

dOttY Guest

¤ HUGE WELCOME TO "TEAM BLACK" ¤ and welcome aboard! *big smile!*

I washed my lil black baby today and guess what... I found 2 tiny stone chips on the rear LHS passenger's door. I'm devastated! 3 weeks, 1 day old...

She goes in tomorrow for her 1000km checkup so I'll speak to them about getting some touch up paint.

Blog Entries

that is an unusual place to get stone chips from driving...I got one there from a whipper snipper just after I got the car...and I did it myself...

Quote Originally Posted by dOttY View Post
    ¤ HUGE WELCOME TO "TEAM BLACK" ¤ and welcome aboard! *big smile!*

I washed my lil black baby today and guess what... I found 2 tiny stone chips on the rear LHS passenger's door. I'm devastated! 3 weeks, 1 day old...

She goes in tomorrow for her 1000km checkup so I'll speak to them about getting some touch up paint.
    I got myself some touch up paint, just a warning - dont bother trying to use the brush that comes with it, waaayyy too big, go pick up a fine brush from a hobbie shop.

That badge in your avatar, did you put that on, or do the 08 MPS come with that these days?

Blog Entries

I got myself some touch up paint, just a warning - dont bother trying to use the brush that comes with it, waaayyy too big, go pick up a fine brush from a hobbie shop.?
    A matchstick will also work better then the brush it comes with...but will still be crap.
    Quote:

dOttY Guest

That badge in your avatar, did you put that on, or do the 08 MPS come with that these days?
    Nah, it's an add-on. I put it there myself! Gives me an extra 20KW's! Just ask MSY...lol *winks*

Nevermind Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dOttY View Post

I can beat that, I got a stone chip on they way home from the dealers when I picked mine up. Was not happy.

dOttY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
    I can beat that, I got a stone chip on they way home from the dealers when I picked mine up. Was not happy.

Crap! That musta really sucked! Ordered sum touch-up paint today... Hmmph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast