User Tag List

Thread: Spudspec is easing back into it

Default Spudspec is easing back into it

Hello all.
    JUST see how you all are doing, and if anyone can tell me if there is a place in perth who is tuning the MPSs yet?
    I am now keeping hold of my mps6 and will be wanting to retune it after I have built my exhast and intake.
    I am trying to get not only some power gains, but some economy as it will be the wifeys daily kiddy taxi.

funds are tight these days as I have bought a house, this will soon become Spudspec HQ. ... Whatch this space.

Also keen on seeing/hearing what people have been doing here in the west. I dont have alot of time to sit and trawl through millions of posts, henc why i have started this small thread for Local peeps.

Looking forward to hearing how things are going

Spud

2. Default

e-tune with a cobb ap is an option

I personally wouldn't trust anyone to tune these things in Perth, noone wants to be first to be first.

Get an AP, use the OTS (off the shelf) cobb maps for your intake, job done.

no sense of adventure hahahaha ...
    I only trust probably 3 mechanics in the whole of Aust at the best of times anyways... I wll have a chat and be the first.
    I am making my own intake and exhaust. and also a couple of Secret parts,(once approved i will get these out into the crowd)

I just fitted some new brake pads and rotors- Gone for the INTIMA sr pads and the T2 dba rotors. works well,
    cant wait to get it on the track.
    Next step is 17"wheels and some 245s. giveit some semislicks without paying a fortune.
    all thoughts for now...
    what exhasut you guys got?
    I am hoping to get some good torque and power gains with my one, also some fuel efficiency

Stock zorst is good to about 350hp in the 6, so mines stock from the dump back (stops the tractor noises).

No need for a sense of adventure when someone has already done the hard work for you, I tried to be clever on the last car, been there, done that, more than happy to use the aftermarket support that is available already (and there is buttloads of it).

The off the shelf tunes give more than enough for the poor wee stock turbo as is, reasonable gains are being achieved with an e-tune update from either PERM etc in the states or Rayd if you want local. With such experience for the platform (given how fragile these motors can be if you get it wrong), I wouldn't want to risk anyone local.
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Stock zorst is good to about 350hp in the 6, so mines stock from the dump back (stops the tractor noises).

No need for a sense of adventure when someone has already done the hard work for you, I tried to be clever on the last car, been there, done that, more than happy to use the aftermarket support that is available already (and there is buttloads of it).

The off the shelf tunes give more than enough for the poor wee stock turbo as is, reasonable gains are being achieved with an e-tune update from either PERM etc in the states or Rayd if you want local. With such experience for the platform (given how fragile these motors can be if you get it wrong), I wouldn't want to risk anyone local.
    yeah mate fair call.
    I have a fairly good knowledge of some stuff, But engine tuning/tuners I am weak. I also Know a couple of guys in perth who are good at engine building and "safe" tuning, but they have never done one of these. . so I am thinking the off the shelf Idea might be good. does it improve the overalll curve/Driveability and economy or does it just pour fuel and ignition into it? I may need someone to come take me for a spin so I can see for myself, if there are any takers.

The cobb has a series of maps, these range from stock through to upping the boost to 17-18psi depending on fuel pump and supporting mods. And totally driveable, hence why so many people run them.

the cobb AP will also open up aftermarket tuning options (rather than the old days with skylines etc where you got a new / piggy back ecu, this writes to the factory one) for when you want to customise things.

Mine is currently undergoing a re-tune for the new turbo, or else I would take you out. Few people in perth are running factory turbo and the AP though. can get an AP v2 pretty cheap, many changed to the v3 because it is more shiny and they wanted a few of the new features.

I also saw better economy while running the tunes, for an OTS solution they really are very good.
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

thanks. when yours is up and going, take us for a spin.
    I am still planning, like I said I have a house to sort out first. then it will be playtime.
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Spudspec View Post
    thanks. when yours is up and going, take us for a spin.
    Come along tomorrow evening to our monthly meet, I'm sure we'll have a few cars at different stages of being modded that wouldn't mind showing you
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.