User Tag List

Thread: Polishers and Swirl Removal Tips -- /DRIVE CLEAN

Default Polishers and Swirl Removal Tips -- /DRIVE CLEAN

Not a bad vid. It covers the very basics, but the thing I like about Larry is he has a very good way of introducing people to detailing concepts without over complicating things.

Worth a watch

Yeah I like him too, he simplfys things without diminishing the important aspects of detailing. The paint chip video is pretty helpful, esp that trick with the W&D paper on the end of a pencil trick. Actually the whole drive YouTube channel is awesome.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 4

Are u a Rupes or Flex guy @Caffeine Fiend ?

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Are u a Rupes or Flex guy @Caffeine Fiend ?
    Both mate. Depends on the application required

My polisher collection:

Flex Rotary - Good for heavy compounding and also jewelling paintwork
    Flex 3401 VRG - Good for use on harder Euro paints with heavy defects
    Rupes Bigfoot LHR21 - Good for medium compounding/polishing and also finishing on soft/sticky paints
    Griots Garage 3" RO - Good for tight areas eg. bumpers, spoilers, under door handles etc.

Most times for general work I use the Rupes though
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

5. Default

Thanks for Sharing Dan, very informative

Is there a reseller for flex and rupes? I believe buying from the states will be a killer in postage

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

7. Default

check out our site sponsor www.zas.com.au

Personally I wouldn't bother going as far as a Rupes or Flex unless you're planning on detailing professionally. These are professional tools designed to be used day in and day out and are overkill for anyone only looking to do the odd car here and there.

If you're only going to be doing the occasional car then have a look at the Concours 900. It's a very capable machine and less than half the price. I know a number of pros who still use these (or equivalent)

well, i run a carwash place and we do detailing here and there (not day to day bases) Have being using the RO from Car Care Products for years and its being good, but i'm looking at Rupes as it looked like it gives a better cut and a quicker cut over the one i'm using. But they are SO EXPENSIVE

What RO do you have? DAS6 or DAS6 Pro? What pads/polishes do you most often use?

Rupes/Flex will work faster, but not that much faster if you're not doing multiple cars in a day
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 04-10-2013 at 12:06 PM.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    What RO do you have? DAS6 or DAS6 Pro? What pads/polishes do you most often use?

Rupes/Flex will work faster, but not that much faster if you're not doing multiple cars in a day
    As a proffesional how do you rate the DAS6 Pro, I have one myself.

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

Can't remember exactly if its the DAS6 or DAS6 Pro i got as i got it like 4 yrs ago. (but i would say its just the basic DAS6). As for pads/polish, i just use the ones that come with the kits, where the pads are unnamed, but the polish's Menzerna.
    When in doubt, power out....of control.

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    As a proffesional how do you rate the DAS6 Pro, I have one myself.
    The DAS6 Pro is a very capable unit. The Concours 900 is more or less the same unit so either are great even for pro use. The divide between that and the standard DAS6 is fairly substantial in terms of power even though on paper it might not seem the case

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

14. Default

The DAS6 Pro is a very capable unit. The Concours 900 is more or less the same unit so either are great even for pro use. The divide between that and the standard DAS6 is fairly substantial in terms of power even though on paper it might not seem the case

Well this makes me happy, I brought a DAS6 Pro. I've always been too scared to get out medium swirl marks but i've been chewing through light ones now for quite some time.

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

15. Default

Just wondering man if your still on the forums, if so are there any new machines you know of that would be good for a first time user as i have never buffed before. Also what pads to get, thanks.

Hi, I haven't been active on the forum in a while. Sold my MPS some time ago.

If you're interested in detailing the best bet is for you to join Detail Paradise.

www.detailparadise.com.au

Cheers

Dan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk