User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 FRONT BUMPER year models.

Default MPS 6 FRONT BUMPER year models.

Hi does anyone know if 05 model has different bumper to the rest? My MPS 6 is a 2006 and I had to get the bumper replaced, everything is fixed but there is a gap from the hood to the grill part of the bumper.

The repairers don't know why this gap is there but they've done everything right, so I was thinking it could be an 05 bumper on my car, if it is any different..

Got a photo of the gap?

3. Default

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they haven't done it right. Take it back have them fix it.

I'll take a photo later today, and I have taken it back and they told me they have done everything right and they don't know why its like that. I even spoke to the insurance inspector and he came out to have a look and told me the same thing, to actually have it line up properly they would have to move everything at the front end foward but then everything else wouldn't loom right. So my conclusion came down to the bumpers being different year models. Maybe I should take it to another panel shop for them to look it. Real stressing everytime I look at the front of my car haha

Check under the bumper in the middle (from the bottom, there is a plastic tab that is about a cm by a cm, the bumper sits over this (or the venting for the bumper rather, if it goes under this it will be off in the middle. 500 internets says thats the problem.

+1 with Fizz, I've made the mistake when re-fitting my bumper too.

Why was the bumper replaced?
    Could there be the possibility of some part of the car being bent. Often it doesn't take much of a hit to put something slightly out of wack.

Either way, I would 100% say that they have done something wrong, the bumper is bent, or the car is bent. Hard to say without pics.