User Tag List

Thread: Coolant / Radiator leak

Default Coolant / Radiator leak

Hi guys

Spotted coolant leak in my driveway and so I took the 6MPS to my local Mazda dealer. They said I have a leak in the top part of my radiator and pointed out where the leak was. I attached some pics of where the leak is and was hoping for some advice.

[Really hoping it doesn't require an overhaul of my radiator ]

Appreciate any feedback guys

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coolant leak.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	15267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0147_1.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	15268  

Quote Originally Posted by ashtro View Post
    Hi guys

Spotted coolant leak in my driveway and so I took the 6MPS to my local Mazda dealer. They said I have a leak in the top part of my radiator and pointed out where the leak was. I attached some pics of where the leak is and was hoping for some advice.

[Really hoping it doesn't require an overhaul of my radiator ]

Appreciate any feedback guys

Cheers
    I too had a leak from the hose at the top, over time that hose gets quite loose so I just put clamps on it which fixed it. Mine also looked like it was leaking from the radiator cap and also that other part which you pointed out in your diagram, but the clamps on the hose fixed it as that is where all the mess came from. Hopefully that's all you need, good luck!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0091.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	15269

Cheers Krs, refreshing to hear someone has experienced very similar situation. The Mazda dealer put a zip tie on the side of the hose that was leaking but I was told its best to get clamps (like the ones you have). Can I ask where you got your clamps from?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by ashtro View Post
    Cheers Krs, refreshing to hear someone has experienced very similar situation. The Mazda dealer put a zip tie on the side of the hose that was leaking but I was told its best to get clamps (like the ones you have). Can I ask where you got your clamps from?

Thanks again
    Repco, Autobarn and Supercheap have them.

@ashtro how did you go with the leak?

so far so good Krs! tighting of the hose seems to have stopped the leak