User Tag List

Thread: Opinions wanted on shocks

Default Opinions wanted on shocks

So looking at buying new socks, mine leak oil and make horrible noises. Don't want it lowered so was looking at bilstein b6's. Had a few quotes and then asked a mate who owns a parts importer if he could source. Australian Automotive Parts is the name but he cannot source.
    He then suggested his brand of shocks - Ultima. He admits they're Chinese imports but swears there still very good shocks. Can get me a whole set for $300.. Instead of 900ish for bilsteins... They also come with 5yr 100,000k warranty.

What are bad shocks going to do? Why shouldn't I buy these? I can replace these 3 times for one set of bilsteins.. If I'm just standard ride height and don't plan on lowering ever why not??

Googling them they seem kinda popular with 4wds and have ok reviews but he reckons he sells thousands of these but I can't find who. Secondly would you expect them to even make shocks on par with factory shocks?

Anyway thanks for reading my jumble. Let me know what u think.

Cheers

I got those Chinese shocks. Mate they are shocking only had em for 6 months n they are gone.2 years warranty but company doesn't reply anymore. Billstein B8 would be the best choice . Spend once spend well you will thank me later

The closest I came to for low price point suspension was DGR Coilovers sold by @2XS. For the money they did what they said on the box. Lots here recommend them @CelestialSpool

But the old man in me couldn't handle the super firm ride.

So went to Bilstien B8's. Like night and day. The best part was how well they dealt with crappy Australian roads, and in particular potholes. Just amazing performers.

If you were driving Miss Daisy then you probably wouldn't care. But think about the type of car you're driving and if it deserves the best suspension you can afford.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Also ask our forum sponsor @gslrallysport for a price on some Bilstien shocks

Had the DGR Coilovers now for 2 years, driven on daily and can't fault them, great value-for-money option IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Harry LuvzDrift View Post
    I got those Chinese shocks. Mate they are shocking only had em for 6 months n they are gone.2 years warranty but company doesn't reply anymore. Billstein B8 would be the best choice . Spend once spend well you will thank me later
    Perfect thanks Harry!! I'll stick with the bilsteins.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    The closest I came to for low price point suspension was DGR Coilovers sold by @2XS. For the money they did what they said on the box. Lots here recommend them @CelestialSpool

But the old man in me couldn't handle the super firm ride.

So went to Bilstien B8's. Like night and day. The best part was how well they dealt with crappy Australian roads, and in particular potholes. Just amazing performers.

If you were driving Miss Daisy then you probably wouldn't care. But think about the type of car you're driving and if it deserves the best suspension you can afford.

B8's are for lowered springs though yeh?? I don't plan on lowering so thought B6 should be my choice??

Yeh I emailed gsl but no reply, apparently it's best to call them anyway which I definitely doing now as new pads needed too.

Thanks guys

This is true. B8's go nicely with King Springs, it's a nice drop. But by no means silly. I can't speak for B6's personally but the quality alone should see you out.

Koni FSD for stock ride height significantly better ride, bit better handling.
    Bilstien B8 if lowered.

I've had the FSD's loved them.
    Driven a SP23 with eibach springs and B8 shocks. Also very nice, not quite as comfy as the FSD's

Dad has bilstien in his NA MX5. Standard springs. A little to firm on our shocking local roads

9. Default

Anyone know where I can get the fsd's in Sydney?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimbo View Post
    Anyone know where I can get the fsd's in Sydney?
    First call I'd make is to gslrallysport. They are a forum sponsor too!

I run FSD's with Eibach pro springs good combo but even better with standard springs
    Paid $625:00US plus $75 shipping from USA for my shocks plus springs $200 included in shipping

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    Had the DGR Coilovers now for 2 years, driven on daily and can't fault them, great value-for-money option IMO
    Can't argue with you about that bobby I love my DGR's

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Im running on Bilstein B8's and H&R springs. Firm but nothing too drastic. Handles shit tones better as well

Quality