User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SRI... Need ideas!

But when u get a sri, the awesome ecutek tune will be out....so u will still eventually look at a tune solution. Beauty about tuning a AP, is that its nowhere near the cost of a ecutek tune.

So Captain sensible here will say, only mod things when u r prepare to have all supporting mod ready at the same time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPS70Y View Post
    I've heard great things about the Accessport but like you said you need to know what your doing... That's where the harm comes into it all.

Especially because the car has already been tuned by MRT and is running awesome I wouldn't want to lose that tune...

But anyway... first things first... Cork sport stage II with box!!!
    The accessport is as easy as getting the right off the shelf (OTS) map from the cobb website and uploading that to your car. OTS maps are conservative in nature as they're designed with the lowest common denominator in mind. The biggest difference between the stock map and stage 1 maps is getting rid of the torque limitations in the first four gears (you'd be surpirsed how limited it is) and a small increase in boost targets. The first few gears were much more enjoyable once I had the stage one map on.

There are maps for all sorts of mods and brands, and notes as well to inform you of the requirements (typically around exhaust and High pressure fuel pump upgrades) to use those maps. Read carefully to understand the requirements.

The big risk comes in actually trying to amend/fiddle with the OTS maps yourself using the supplied software (ATR) without knowing what one is doing, or not monitoring critical elements (like fuel pressure) once you go a number of bolt on mods. Thats where you can get a custom tune by a pro who can dyno or e-tune using the accessport.

Theres plenty of good info on the ECU tuning thread

Very good point you make...

If I was to go with the AP are there A B C instructions for dummies available for me to have access to?

I guess you can say I'm being a little cautious myself also...

Just don't want to mess things up you know.

So step 1 is to purchase the SRI kit and also the AP.

Once I've done this Step 2 Install the SRI .. Step 3 Install the AP Step 4 Perform self tune and hope to GOD I get it right ?

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    But when u get a sri, the awesome ecutek tune will be out....so u will still eventually look at a tune solution. Beauty about tuning a AP, is that its nowhere near the cost of a ecutek tune.

So Captain sensible here will say, only mod things when u r prepare to have all supporting mod ready at the same time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thats awesome Man! REally helpful information.

Thanks heaps!

I think that is a good way to go... Worst comes to worst once I have it all up and running I'm happy to pay a member of the forum who's done it before to run me through it the first time. I'm a fast learner so shouldn't really be an issue after that.'

I'm sure some of the guys in Sydney would be helpful in that regard..

Will begin research on ECU tuning ASAP so at least I've got some idea when it's time to tune!

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    The accessport is as easy as getting the right off the shelf (OTS) map from the cobb website and uploading that to your car. OTS maps are conservative in nature as they're designed with the lowest common denominator in mind. The biggest difference between the stock map and stage 1 maps is getting rid of the torque limitations in the first four gears (you'd be surpirsed how limited it is) and a small increase in boost targets. The first few gears were much more enjoyable once I had the stage one map on.

There are maps for all sorts of mods and brands, and notes as well to inform you of the requirements (typically around exhaust and High pressure fuel pump upgrades) to use those maps. Read carefully to understand the requirements.

The big risk comes in actually trying to amend/fiddle with the OTS maps yourself using the supplied software (ATR) without knowing what one is doing, or not monitoring critical elements (like fuel pressure) once you go a number of bolt on mods. Thats where you can get a custom tune by a pro who can dyno or e-tune using the accessport.

Theres plenty of good info on the ECU tuning thread

You don't have to self tune, as in fiddle with anything. Just flash an off the shelf map which is made for your mods, and if you want, then pay to get a custom tune.
    When you add more bolt ons, most tuners offer a top up tune service which is cheaper than a full new tune, just updating it so it's compatible with your mods again.
    There are lots of helpful tuning threads and guides on mazdaspeedforums.org if you're interested to learn, but tread carefully there, they aren't like us. (you've been warned lol)

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Lots of Sydney peeps can help you with your AP. Installation is easy and reversible.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

giving a hand on installing is dead easy. Can always help out. Parra and thornleigh isn't far from each other.

I'm from Bankstown area. But living up in Brisbane atm. I'm on exercise for work until the 18th October. So gotta wait and see what i do when i get back.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS70Y View Post
    Awesome man! Shotgun the SRI and air box.

Where abouts in Sydney are you?

Might even take a couple of other things off your hands if you like..

How soon were you thinking?
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Awesome guys sounds good! Will definitely look into getting myself an AP and also thanks for the tuning troubleshooting!

As for the Top up Tune... I'm sure MRT will be able to help me there as they have carried out the original Flash tune.

Exciting times ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    I'm from Bankstown area. But living up in Brisbane atm. I'm on exercise for work until the 18th October. So gotta wait and see what i do when i get back.
    Yeah cool man... Either way let me know what you decide to do...

If I end up buying another SRI I'll let you know but in the meantime if you're looking to get rid of it I'm happy to take it off your hands

P.s. I work in Liverpool. 15 mins away from Bankstown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12